Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Thursday blooms, seedlings and garden pics

Julia WV (6b)
9 years ago

Making it short today as we have thunderstorms rolling through and giving us a lot of rain but rain is a good thing and it is definitely cooling us down.

ROCKS CRY OUT - second season but I love this bloom.Tall but I don't see a lot of buds but I'll take what I can get on this one.

INTELLIGENT DESIGN - I think this is from a leftover scape since it is much lower than all the others that came up.

NO MORE TEARS - not many scapes and buds this year but I do notice it is doing a bitone thing. Heat?

PAPER BUTTERFLY - I plan to take this one out this year. Not a bad daylily, I just think it can be finicky.

LIGHT OPERA - I love this tiny flower and it increases nice. I have two clumps of it so one will go. Making room is always a hard choice. The color is a pinkish tone.

ANGELS IN WAITING - small flower but always has nice blooms and increases too fast. I have to divide this one this year.

AZTEC HEADDRESS - always a favorite and I've got another clump so one will go this year too.

MOTH TO A FLAME - different coloration from my typical choices but it works. Tall scapes and perfect openings. Gotta have some variety....right?

SOMETHING MARVELOUS - I hate to part with this one but I need to clear out a section of the bed so it goes this year.

Moving on to the seedlings blooming:
HPB X RFK - both are from the same cross.

PPS X KI - both from the same cross if I read the name plates correctly

G&G X CM

Now on to garden pics. When I find my other lens I'll do more full bed pics. The telephoto I have on it now makes everything seem closer than it really is.

Time to get off the computer.

Julia

Comments (11)

• njmomma
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Love the garden pics and the clematis! So pretty!

Rocks Cry Out is such a great name for that one. It's stunning. I also really like the dark seedling.

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Such great photos, love all those garden pictures! Your clematis are beautiful. Of the daylilies, I like Aztec Headdress the best, it's on my list. Oh, and very nice seedlings! I love the first one.

• shive
    9 years ago

That's a particularly attractive shot of Aztec Headdress. It's a favorite here too! Of your seedlings, the first and last are my favorites.

Debra

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I'd take Rocks Cry Out, too. What a great color combination.

I also love your first seedling. Stats, or is it too soon?

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all for the comments. Storms have passed so it is safe to be back on the pc. We dropped 15 degrees and can I say it is so nice to be back to cool temps.

Chris: The seedling is from 2011. I haven't measured it this year and I think the budcount is down from prior years. I must have 7 or 8 seedlings with this cross...perhaps more in that bed. I'm putting a marker on all the scapes this year to know which ones I'll keep and just take out the rest. RFK kids do throw that green throat so nicely.

Have a great 4th of July everyone.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

And what's the name of the light blue clematis? Your Rocks Cry Out has great color. The color does lighten in warmer weather, doesn't it? Moth to a Flame is interesting.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

wow! you got some great photos tonight. Theey are all gorgeous.and you really have a assortment of other plants, too.and them clematis are gorgeous.Every thing is soo pretty.Thank you for showing your gardens.

jean

• anniegolden
    9 years ago

Rocks Cry Out is amazing. And the supports that you have for your clematis are wonderful, allowing the plants to be viewed from both sides.

• deangreen
    9 years ago

some one likes patterns too. ha very nice photos, all I like that first one with the red on the inside and lighter orange ruffled edges and the white stripe. a lot going on there. good seedling pics, I put Cosmic Kaleidoscope and Sandra nall's lilyland's eggplant on just about everything this summer. ha! :)

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

I really like Rocks Cry Out too. I have two clumps in different places and I'm keeping both. Mantis is right, edges especially lighten in heat, but the center stays dark. Fun to have a lot of blooms. Your clematis is gorgeous. all the plants look so nice. I particularly like your first and last seedlings.
    kay

• User
    9 years ago

Love all the daylilies and really enjoy seeing the rest of your garden too. The Clematis is great. I always seem to struggle with it. Have a few vines growing in the garden and they have been so slow - like after three years they still look like I just planted them....someday.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville