Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hanson daylilies -pics

Posted by juliany 5/6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 15:15

I thought to break these down by hybridizer this go round.

BLACK FALCON RITUAL - I'm now concerned this one looks very similar to STEALTH BOMBER (which is a whole other story).
BLACK FATHOM RITUAL

INCA APOTHECARY - just started blooming. Am anxious to see how it looks in a clump.
INCA APOTHECARY

PINK WHIP TIPS - I really like the bloom on this one. Keeper. I took this first pic early this morning. Second pic was 2 hours later.
PINK WHIP TIPS

PINK WHIP TIPS

SPARTICUS ADORNED - just started today.
SPARTICUS ADORNED

TEMPORARY AND ETERNAL - good substance
TEMPORARY AND ETERNAL

JOAN DERIFIELD - everyone should have JD in their garden.
JOAN DERIFIELD

Now the story with STEALTH BOMBER is the first year it bloomed here(2010) it looked like this:

This year, it looks like this:
STEALTH BOMBER

Oh well maybe it will improve or else I will have to call in a daylily mechanic and fix it. lol.

More Hanson's will be blooming soon :-).

Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hanson daylilies -pics

I like your Hanson Intros. I can't think of any I have other than Primal Sream.

o

I love the Hanson threads. I'll get one going, too, in a few weeks.

Stealth Bomber sure is showing the pinching this year, even if the bloom looks puny. We've had such a lack of water than many of my blooms are tiny. Maybe that explains it?

I can't believe the number of buds on Black Falcon Ritual. How long have you had that one?

o

Chris: Curt sent it to me in the spring of 2010. I was amazed at the number of buds and scapes and I believe he sent me 1 or 2 fan(s) and I am sure that I am seeing at least 4 maybe 5.

I wish STEALTH BOMBER had increased that much but nope, 1 fan last year and 1 fan this year so far.:-(. We've had plenty of rain this year so not sure what the deal is. Most of what he sent me has increased okay except SB and DESERT SHORE. Both are still 1 fan. Both have lots of buds, good branching and really strong scapes.

Julia

o
Stealth Bomber

I'll have to check my Stealth Bomber. I received it as a bonus last year from Curt but it didn't bloom for me. Even though we're in similar climates, sometimes it takes a while for Curt's plants to increase here. I was really hoping to see Jelly Roll Morton bloom this year, but it doesn't have scapes so I doubt it'll happen.

o

Wonderful photos, Julia! My favorite in this group is the first one - BLACK FALCON RITUAL - such a rich color.
Kathy

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 16:35

I really like Stealth Bomber and Black Falcon Ritual. Marg

o

Everything in your pics looks heavily budded!

o

They are all very nice, but I love BLACK FALCON RITUAL

Alexa

o

There are a lot of pretty ones here, and I am sorry that Stealth Bomber is acting up. Black Falcon Ritual is beautiful, however. I really like that one.
kay

o

All great but I really love Black Falcon Ritual.
Linda

o

That is really weird about Stealth Bomber.

Black Falcon Ritual is gorgeous!

o

Your photos are terrific! I could imagine some of them enlarged (to a huge size) and framed. I was so enjoying the photography that I forgot to consider the flowers. I also laughed at your remark about a daylily mechanic.
Christine

o

I'm with the crowd on this one. Black Falcon Ritual is my favorite and those scapes look amazing.
Val

o

I'd also like to compliment you on your photography! My favorites are Sparticus Adorned and Joan Derifield.

o

Nice collection!!! boy, it is amazing how different Stealth Bomber looks. I like JOAN DERIFIELD AND SPARTUCUS ADORNED, and I just planted both in my gardens this past summer. You are right about Joan Derifield everyone should grow that one!!! I asked for it as a bonus last year .
cindy

o

I'm glad you like BLACK FALCON RITUAL. It is very impressive in person. Pictures just do alot of daylilies justice.

Well today TEMPORARY AND ETERNAL is showing more of why I like this one
TEMPORARY AND ETERNAL

and here is what INCA APOTHECARY looks like with several more blooms open. Different coloration then you usually see in daylilies and I'm really liking it.
INCA APOTHECARY

I've called in a daylily mechanic for STEALTH BOMBER. :-(.

Julia

o

Ooh, that second picture really makes a difference. Pretty.
I like Pink Whip Tips and Black Falcon Ritual the best though.

o

What is going on with the photo bucket, I see pictures disappearing all the time.

o

It appears that Julia might have removed these images from her Photobucket Acct? If not, I wonder how long Garden Web archives images in old posts?

o

I had Photo Bucket one time and you cannot store pictures there, they will not give them back if you close the account. If you upload a picture from Photo Bucket you are only uploading a copy of that copy but they might delete them when you close your account.

o

A few months ago, Photobucket had a server crash and unfortunately it was the one I had my pictures stored on. They restored everything, I THINK. I haven't had alot of time yet to go back and check all the photos. However, I did notice when Photobucket just changed to the beta version, I lost alot of the Titles on the pictures. I've decided to wait till January (after the holidays) to go through all my albums.

Thanks for giving me a heads-up on the lost images. Maybe I can reconnect the lost images since we now have the option to edit our posts. I can try later this week.

Julia

o

Thanks for giving ME the heads up on the editing.
I am dying to see your pictures, but no worries. LMK

o

Unfortunately it looks like I can only edit posts AFTER November 26th so can't relink the pics.

Julia

o

Can you post a new Follow-up and re-post them?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here