Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few plus some seedlings

Posted by hoosier_nan IN z6a/5b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 15:20

Fox Point is a great grower here--tall scapes with lots of buds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few plus some seedlings

Old Time Memories is a beautiful orange. It's not well established yet but looks like a tall one.

o

Lots of seedlings are in bloom here. Here are a couple that caught my eye. This is Belle of Ashwood X Gypsy Rose.

o

This is (Gus Townsend X Desire of Nations #3) X Forbidden Dreams. We really like the watermark on this one.

o

The last one is Blissful Blackberry Pie X Baby Baracuda.

o

Old Time Memories has been a great performer here...big blooms and lots of them. This year, it's in too much shade, but I'm thinking I'll rescue it.

Beautiful seedlings!

Nice to see what's going on your way.

o

Old Time Memories is very pretty. All of your seedlings are nice too, but that pink one is my favorite.What a terrific clump Fox Point makes!

Rena' :-)

o

All three of your seedlings look superb!

Debra

o

Wow, what a nice clump of Fox Point! I bought that one last summer, it barely survived the winter in a pot and has no scapes - it's in the ground now, so hopefully I see blooms next year. Your seedlings are all lovely, the second one is stunning!

This post was edited by twixanddud on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 21:02

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 18:32

Fox Point makes a lovely clump. I'm going to have to look for that one. Your pink seedling is a beauty! Marg

o

Love the pic of Fox Point. Nice orange too! And seedlings are pretty, love the 2nd one.

o

That FOX POINT is a beauty. I love your seedlings, they are all gorgeous seedlings.

jean

o

Nice group of seedlings. Fox Point does make a nice clump.

Julia

o

Your seedlings look great. It would be nice to see the parents too, as there have been mixed reports about Blissful B Pie, and I haven't seen Baby Barracuda. The Blackberry seedling is remarkable clean.

o

Beautiful seedlings!

o

Mantis, my Blissful Blackberry Pie seedlings came from purchased seed.

We do grow both parents, but both are too new for any assessment. This is our second Blissful Blackberry Pie. The first was so slow to come up in the spring (after it had been planted in the summer of the drought) that my husband thought it was dead and dug it up. He found it was alive, potted it and then it died.

We have about 8 seedlings from this cross and they all seem to be doing great.

o

Beautiful seedlings.....every one looks lovely! I'm a sucker for those lavender water marks, so that 2nd one is my favorite. Fox point makes a very pretty clump....bright and cheery.

Linda

o

that last pic is interesting. sort of looks like a bronzy effect going on in the purple. great job. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here