Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Fox Point

newyorkrita
10 years ago

Really Fox Point has looked Marvelous this year!

Eggplants, Cucumbers and my assortment of summer squash that I picked.
{{gwi:68753}}
{{gwi:91735}}
{{gwi:70209}}

Cucumber Ally up in the backyard daylily garden.

Comments (16)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

well, we got one daylily blooming and its a pretty one, too. you about lost interest in the daylilies now, haven't you, with the veggies taking their place?Thos eggplants are really nice ones, looks just like the ones I use to raise years ago,the cucumbers are nice, too. I picked some this morning, too, and some banana peppers.Rain is needed, here.got just a sprinkle yesterday evening while 9 miles north got a downpour.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Goodness Rita, I thought for sure you'd be posting all your lovely blooms by now but what a nice vegetable garden you have this year. You must be so proud of your hard work.

My eggplants are almost ready to start picking. No big tomatoes to pick yet though. Darn, have to buy again at the local farm stand.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am tired of taking pictures of daylilies. Have been doing it for years. Plus it is just too hot to go around and take all the amount of daylily pictures I used to do in past years.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Well your vegetables look lovely, and delicious. Foxpoint is a beauty and has been blooming like all-get-out.

You are having our obnoxious weather there this year, aren't you? I understand the reluctance to be in the heat. How are you going to enable me if you don't post pictures?

All the re-blooms mean I keep getting up at 6:00 to take pics. Ah well, they are beautiful. Hope you get cooler weather soon.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The house is finially cooled down by 6 AM so I am sleeping. The heat and humidity has been excessive this year with this the second of two week long heat waves. Worst today with an actual temp of 98 and a heat index of 110. I don't know when we have ever had a heat index this high.

I don't mind the heat so much if the humidity is down but the humidity has been high, even for us. The daylilies pale out in this heat and just don't look their best. And as usual, there is no rebloom, even on my northern rebloomers. Bummer!

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Like those glistening egg plant. It would be great to see Fox Point in person. Supposedly, it has the "defect" of not opening fully flat, but your clump shot is striking.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It never has any problems opening.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Do you get instant rebloom on it, as Culver says? I was just repeating Culver's comments that "maybe it doesn't open as flat as I would like."

• shive
    10 years ago

Fox Point is looking grand this season. Your veggies look so perfect and unblemished. You are going to be some healthy eating. Hope it cools off for you soon. A heat of 110 is truly miserable.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Debra, I hope it cools off a lot. Supposed to by Sunday.

Nope, it never reblooms at all instant or otherwise.

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

Fox Point looks amazing. And so do your veggies!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

You know, the heat and humidity is SOP here, but because of that, everyone tends to have air conditioning, and I don't know if that is the case there. If not, I cannot imagine how hard and how miserable it would be. Hope all of you get the cool down this weekend as promised, withOUT severe weather.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kay, my house is not air conditioned. I am sure a good part of my crabbyness about not taking pictures is due to the excessive heat.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Rita: We have the portable kind of air conditioners that roll on wheels and you just put the exhaust hose out a window, plug it in and turn it on. No lugging heavy air conditioners into a window or taking them down after the season is over. Just set them up when we need them. We haven't needed AC here for years but each year it seems the weather is getting hotter or we are just getting older ;-)

I have to admit though, this by far has been the worst couple of weeks to get through for a northerner.
    Severe thunderstorms warnings are up already here for late tonight. My garden needs another heavy drink of water again.

Julia

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Lovely Fox Point, Rita. I completely understand how you are suffering if you have no a/c with your temps so high and the excessive humidity. Hope you have had a break in the heat by now, looked like storms heading your way, both you and Julia. Boy, are your eggplants looking good. I have been looking at eggplant recipes on the Food Network, tried out a new one the other day. Avedon

• deangreen
    10 years ago

that's a great row and clump photos!!! everything looks so luscious! :)