Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waitforspring2

Blooms on a sizzling Saturday.

Waitforspring
10 years ago

It's way too hot outside now. Much nicer to be in the A/C and looking at daylilies.
Here are a few from this morning.

{{gwi:875306}}

I have a lot of thrips damage this year.
{{gwi:875307}}

{{gwi:875309}}

First flower ever on this one and it's big

Didn't realize I'd posted this many. Better quit now.
Val

Comments (12)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Hot huh, Val? We should be in the 90s, but we're in the high 70s because it hasn't stopped raining in a while. A while as in days. We're washing away.

Your blooms are very pretty, and I know I should have more trouble choosing one, but as soon as I saw Big Hearted Lady, I was pretty sure it would be my pick. Admittedly, Sundazzled tempted me as did Pink Criterion and Inspired Edge, but I'm sticking with BHL. Stay cool, girl.
    kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Well, I had a much harder time than Kay, several are really callin' my name. Marietta Sunset is sure pretty, then Big Hearted Lady looks wonderful too with that lovely shade of pink. Elias looks good with that eye, & I love the look of Hello Screamer. Not a dud in the bunch though, lovely every one :)

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Elisa Dallas & Havenly Curls are my favroites! I just purchased Hello Screamer from Blueridge a couple of weeks ago and your picture looks very similar to theirs...which is nice to see because I lived the large eyezone :)

Tammy

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

It's been much too hot here too. My favorite of these is Big Hearted Lady. It's gorgeous! I haven't seen that one before.

Celeste

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Very pretty daylilies! It's hard to pick a favorite, I of course like Beautiful Edgings, Big Hearted Lady is very pretty, love Elisa Dallas and Forgotten Dreams too

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I LOVE that color combination on Big Hearted Lady -- what a great green throat!

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Big Hearted Lady seems to be the favorite and I love it too. It IS big and I do love green throats.
    Celeste, it is a Bud Bennett cultivar. His things aren't that widely distributed as he's not one of the big nurseries. Salty Skipper is also one of his and I love that one too.
    Val

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Saturday was a lovely daylily day at your house. Love those first two! Stunners!

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Big Hearted Lady is nice with the color of pink and green. Not harsh but just right..
    Hello Screamer has a nice round form.

Julia

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

Those are all beauties! I especially like the first two. Marg

• User
    10 years ago

I really like Inspired Edge. It is such a pretty shade of lavender.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

While they are all nice, it's a toss up for me between Big Hearted Lady and Elisa Dallas........Maryl