Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Wednesday's Wonders...Really!

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Two days in a row, I discover a plant had put up a rebloom scape without my noticing it, and said plant was blooming! Here is the one I found today. Fashion Police. (bought on the auction, and I agree with Debra's earlier comment... It doesn't look exactly like it: I think it's actually prettier than FP, but what is it?.)

Moonlit Masquerade FFO - thanks, Celeste.

First Re-bloom on Mom's Cinnamon Rolls:

First RE-bloom on Cosmic Traveler:

Red Slippers just keeps blooming and is a delight:

And Indian Ripple has a beautiful trio of blooms:

Romanian Rondezvous has been re-blooming a few days:

and Philistine Champion is a champion: (owe Rita BIG)

Alabama Jubilee put up another re-bloom scape:

As late in my season as it is, I had 43 plants blooming today. I have two more that have buds that are new to me. This rebloom has had prettier blooms than the regular season, and I'm up to 74.
kay

Comments (20)

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Amazing stuff you're getting out of your garden this year, Kay. Fashion Police is a knockout, especially considering it was a surprise bloom. Cosmic Traveler and Red Slippers are also beautiful.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

WOW, KAY. you sure been doing SOMeTHING right.t get soo many reblooms and gorgeous ones, too. I love Fashion Police. Love that riffled edge. and I just
    love Mom's Cinnamon Rolls:, toowould love to have that one..Cosmic Traveler is a beauty, too. love that color. and I really love Red Slippers too.love that deep red and the ruffled edge. its a beauty.
    so many beauties today.

jean

• gonegardening
    10 years ago

These are nice, Kay. It's so annoying to have one not be right, but yours is pretty, whatever it is.

I think you got the color of Cosmic Traveler very nice. I struggle to capture it accurately. Hope it reblooms for me.

But, today, I am liking reds and Red Slippers looks terrific.

(Chris and I agree because, you know, she does have excellent taste, lol.)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Your plant is Baja California, pricier than Fashion Police. But I find it ridiculous that a seller would make that kind of mistake.

Some very nice rebloom!

• User
    10 years ago

It's so nice that you can experience all these reblooms. We won't see that in the north. Fashion Police is a flashy daylily. Love the name.

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Love your "Fashion Police" imposter! Absolutely beautiful! Also love the large color contrast on Moonlight Masquerade! Indian Ripples is also pretty...I received it as a bonus plant with an order this year....excited about it now!

Tammy

• Edward_Kimball
    10 years ago

Red Slippers is amazing.

• shive
    10 years ago

Your Fashion Police is looking a lot like my Baja California today. I love Red Slippers and Indian Ripple.

BAJA CALIFORNIA

• nat4b
    10 years ago

That maybe FP or BC is very pretty! They all are today. Love the look of Mom's Cinnamon Rolls. Indian Ripple looks so nice. And Cosmic Traveler is a beautiful flower too.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

The first one which sure looks like Baja California and is way prettier than Fashion Police is lovely. I always like Philistine Champion and Indian Ripple. Don't know why I've never gotten either one. As soon as I find some room that will have to change.
    Val

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Fantastic rebloom, wish all of them would do that. My WB Mom's Cinnamon Rolls also has a rebloom scape, Yay!!! So that is one favorite, and the rest are Red Slippers, Indian Ripples, Philistine Champion and Alabama Jubilee. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Chris. This was in a section of my garden that I thought was about through blooming, and I had not been checking it. Today, I also noticed that Parrot Jungle has put up another re-bloom scape. It must be the extra rain that has them blooming in overdrive even though the season started a bit late.
    Thank you Jean, I am glad you are getting a lot of re-bloom too.
    Gonegardening, Cosmic Traveler can be a tough one to capture. I always love the reds.
    Mantis, I think you may be right. It was good luck for me, since I like it better than Fashion Police.
    Thanks Hostabuff, It has been a good year.
    Tammy, I think you will love Indian Riipple, it is a showy plant.
    Edward, Red Slippers has been a blooming machine, and the blooms open very nicely.
    Debra, Mantis suggested that it was Baja California, and it does look very like your. You are liking the hot ones today, Thank you.
    kay

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, My son called me while I was in the midst of answering the comments, and you guys, Nat4b, Val, and Avedon commented before I was back on, so my post was out of order.
    Nat4b, you are liking some really pretty ones today...in other words I like them too:)
    Val, it does look like BC, and I agree, BC is prettier than FP, so that is good.
    Avedon, Mom's Cinnamon Rolls usually re-blooms for me. It is a good plant. And you like the hot ones today too. I always tend to like the bright or hot ones...but sometimes the delicate ones get to me.
    Thank you all for looking and commenting.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

Kay - Your Not Fasion Police could also be Spanish Fiesta, the Trfimmer that is the parent of Baja. It's a bit smaller but looks very similar and has lower bud count than Baja. Take a look at the photos ont the All Things Plants database.I think that kind of mixup is very probable.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have Spanish Fiesta, and it has similarities, but the bloom time is different and the color is a bit different...although the throat is very similar. Here is a photo of Spanish Fiesta.

I don't know.
    kay

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

Very nice group of blooms... Indian Ripple is my favorite though.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Nice group Kay. Hope you find out what you do have since it is a beauty. The seller can't identify for you? There are now so many daylilies that look like another one that my mind begins to spin. ;-).
    I have to agree on Indian Ripple. Beautiful color combination on it. Cosmic Traveler is a looker for sure but Philistine Champion is just a blooming machine for you.

Julia

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Indian Ripples and Red Slippers are both quite the show offs, I love them both.
    Linda

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

My favorite is Red Slippers. I'm going to add it to my 'must have' list. I've always admired Moonlit Masquerade and don't know why it isn't in my garden yet. Indian Ripple is a real stand out. Marg

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Oh my that fake Fashion Police is a stunner and my favorite. But favorites also include Red Slippers and Indian Ripple.

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals