Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

First Re-blooms

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Never before has Desperado Love re-bloomed.

Betty Ford, first re-bloom:

Indian Ripple continues blooming. Love this one:

Pineapple Moon has outdone itself reblooming:

Shake the Mountain looks great today:

Filled to Overflowing:

Dixie Rhythm:

And Mom's Cinnamon rolls is a good one:

kay

Comments (11)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I love DESPERADO LOVE. its a beauty. unless you been doing some thing extra for your daylilies, it must be the rain you been getting to make all your daylilies do so much reblooming.I have gotten very little rain this summer,as usual. I DID get a inch of rain about daylight this morning.first for July here.My BETTY FORD rebloomed last year, but not this year.FILLED TO OVERFLOWING is a beauty and my favorite for todayMOM'S CINNAMON ROLLS is a beauty, too0You are really getting lots of blooms. That's good.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jean, I think it the acidic clay soil and the climate they like. I had more re-blooms last year than this and we were in a drought last year. But the season started early last year and late this year. I don't do anything special, it is a bit of dumb luck.

We have had the rain this year, and I'm glad you finally got some.

I really thought that the rebloom scape was Passion District, which usually reblooms, and was surprised to see Desperado Love open today.

kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Striking pic of Shake the Mountain; maybe there is hope for mine yet. My blooms didn't have good substance. Indian Ripple is always an eye-catching later one. I like Pineapple Moon, but have my doubts about it here. Great to have more Betty Ford, and of course, Desperado Love. Mom's Cinnamon Rolls--another interesting pic of it.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

The amount of rebloom you get is really impressive and they all look great. Shake the Mountains looks especially fabulous. That one almost didn't survive here and took years to bloom. This is the first year I've had good bloom on it and I love it. Indian Ripple is my second favorite.
    Val

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Love the red of Betty Ford, and Indian Ripple is pretty. Cant miss Shake The Mountain, such an eye catcher. My favorite is WB Mom's Cinnamon Rolls and now there are two rebloom scapes on our plant, which has never happened before. Avedon

• shive
    10 years ago

I'm surprised Desperado Love hasn't rebloomed for you before. It's a pretty reliable rebloomer here, but I have recently divided mine and given away all but two fans. I think my favorites are Indian Ripple and Shake the Mountains.

Debra

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow, I haven't seen some of these, I like that indian ripple and the cinnamon one the best! nice pics.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mantis, those are the best blooms I've had on Shake the Mountain. They were huge too.
    Val, I do really love Indian Ripple in it's first year here.
    Avedon, you will likely have reblooms on Mom's cinnamon Rolls from now on, as it always re-blooms here. Even this year.
    Those two are the most dramatic, Debra. Nope, first time it has re-bloomed here, funny, isn't it?
    Thanks, Dean. that Mom's Cinnamon Rolls actually had three blooms, but I opted for the close-up on two. It's a good plant:

kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

You know, there is something either weird with GW or its PBucket because when I click on threads to view the pics, I keep getting the blue line with just the code. If I refresh the screen, then the pictures comes up.

All lovely Kay. I just got DESPERADO LOVE this year as a gift plant and I intend to keep it. Seeing all the beautiful photos, I know it will be a winner.
    I hope your kicking back more and enjoying your garden on that beautiful butterfly bench.

Julia

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Very nice show, Kay, especially for reblooms. Your WBCR photo is great, as is Shake the Mountains. Betty Ford just finished blooming here. I sure wish I could get some rebloom out of that one.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

All so pretty! I especially like Indian Ripple and Mom's Cinnamon Rolls.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations