Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Some of what's blooming today

nat4b
10 years ago

Overcast skies and quite chilly today, in upper 60's.
I was pleasantly surprised to find most of the daylilies open correctly.

Hyperion with a poly

Zuni Thunderbird - FFO

Finally normal blooms on Prediction, wrong colors though

Carnival in Brazil - FFO

Forsyth Frostbound

Dacquiri FFO

Light of the World has started today, one of first flowers

Mardi Gras Parade

Mama's Cherry Pie with bigger white edge

This is Undercurrent. Usually extra petals are in the middle, I don't think I remember seeing them behind petals before

And Fear Not today

Thanks for looking!

Comments (9)

• lam702
    10 years ago

Wow, such beautiful daylilies, I absolutely love Undercurrent. In my yard, I call my daylilies "deer candy" (which goes along with "deer salad" hostas) They gobbled up the daylily buds in my front yard bed, so knew that night they would come back for the back yard bed. I sprayed them that night, so at least I have to enjoy, but none as beautiful as yours.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Love Hyperion, love them all but Fear Not gets my vote for favorite bloom though. I do love that picture of Prediction as a photo though. It is just gorgeous. But I know those colors are off so didn't choose it as my favorite.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Very pretty blooms, Nate. I actually prefer this color to Prediction's red/yellow. Very pretty. Also, Mardi Gras Parade is lovely. Carnival in Brazil is very pretty too, but my favorite is Fear Not. It is one of my favorite daylilies.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

Lots of outstanding blooms today. Zuni Thunderbird is so striking with its rich purple color and curling sepals. It's definitely on my wish list. Fear Not and Light of the World have perfect blooms.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Interesting what happened with Predictions color. Not seen that happen here yet.
    Your Carnival In Brazil reminds me that I haven't seen mine bloom yet. I better go check on it tomorrow.. Lovely pic of it.
    Fear Not looks perfect.
    The clump shot of Mardi Gras Parade is my pick.

Julia

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Fear not is probably my favorite bloom, but I do like Predictions. Nice picture of Mardi Gras Parade, mine didn't bloom at all this year. Got to be sure & move it up front, it isn't getting any sun.

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody!
    Hpny, sorry you have to deal with hungry deer.
    Rita and Kay, Fear Not is one of my favorites too.
    Julia, Prediction was its usual dark yellow and red, it's my camera and the fact that it was quite dark when I was taking pictures.
    Debra, Zuni is red purple, the description says dark wine red.
    I solved the mystery of what happened with Undercurrent. I'll try to explain but not sure if it's going to make sense :) It's not extra petals, its petals had so much width near the throat where they pleated, that when they folded several times behind themselves it created a layer of ruffles under the actual petals.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Beautiful shots today! I love the curls on Zuni Thunderbird, and your watermarks are all terrific. I keep seeing great shots of Forsyth Frostbound -- it makes me need that one.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

It's that hard time again, trying to determine a favorite. so I will choose Forsyth Frostbound, and Dacquiri for delicate colors, Fear Not for the red, and that fantastic clump of Mardi Gras Parade. Avedon