Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recent pics of some seedlings

Posted by opnjmprs Z6 PA (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 15:43

Yesterday and today were fun days in the seedling beds. A few of my seedlings are showing some promise with nice tall scapes, large blooms, and good bud count.

Here's a Johnny Cash seedling 6.5" bloom and a few teeth on the sepals.
Johnny Cash sdl photo 016_zps6ba4f258.jpg

This one is a Last Lama kid, blooms are consitantly the same day after day, nice scape, 6.5" blooms

Last Lama sdl photo 013_zpse77f4a3f.jpg

RAG X LL 7/3/14 photo 013_zps38db26a5.jpg

One of my favorites is this Red Friday seedling. I love this shade of pink with the lavender water mark. I have a better pic of this one taken today, don't have it on Photobucket yet,
Red Friday sdl photo 011_zps07230174.jpg

Another Red Friday kid
Red Friday sdl photo 007_zps77342479.jpg

Sibling to the one above, but with a better branched scape and higher bud count (25 buds) 6" bloom
RF X RS  7/3/14 photo 006_zpse59f6ab6.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recent pics of some seedlings

They are all nice. I'll take the toothy red one. Love it. Good job.

o

Very pretty, all of them! If you don't mind sharing what are the crosses esp for the 5th and 6th pics?

o

nat4b.......That cross ( 5th and 6th) was Red Friday X Randy Stephens. Red Friday has not been an easy pod parent for me. I did manage to get 2 pods set to Randy Stephens, and those pods didn't produce many seeds either. Now I don't even try to set pods on RF, just too frustrating for me. I do use RF's pollen though.

Linda

o

Beautiful seedlings....wish mine were that nice.

o

Tim, I should post a pic of the bed of over 600 seedlings I'm about to burn down. I've had far more losers than winners. I think I'm keeping maybe 6-7 seedlings out of that particular bed, but I do enjoy making my crosses, and occasionally something shows up worth keeping.

Linda

o

Wow, great looking seedlings! I especially like the last two.

o

Thanks for your answer about the cross, Linda! And the comments on Red Friday. It's not my favorite DL because it is short and looks kinda like a piece of cloth after too many washings. I thought it gave teeth but just googled and Randy Stephens is a toothy flower itself.
I thought about using RF for some crosses but only tried with Chance Encounter last year.
Again, your seedlings from RF are gorgeous!

o

Your seedlings are amazing. Love them all.

o

The all are beauties, really like the unusual coloring with lavendar on pink.

o

You have some beautiful seedlings. I especially like second one and the Red Friday with teeth.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here