Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

And Blooming Continues on Tuesday

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Texas Carnival Dance is a very improved plant. It bloomed, then put up a re-bloom scape, and after that one finished, it has put up three more scapes.

I have decided to keep Princess Charming:

Philistine Champion is in round two of blooms. I love this plant:

I had posted it so much, I quit showing Salty Skipper, but here is the last bloom:

Lilies have been really gorgeous this year:

Golly Galore is almost through except for re-bloom:

Kansas City Kicker has been re-blooming for a long time now, and each day there has been a pretty picture available:

Bob Watson was lovely in trio form today:

These "weeds" won't be pulled...volunteer zinnias:

kay

Comments (12)

• FarawayFarmer
    10 years ago

I looked up Princess Charming in the AHS database to see if it was evergreen or semi. Their picture doesn't match with yours?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are absolutely right. Hmmm.I wonder what it is. this was a bonus plant from CT daylilies, and came labeled princess Charming when I bought Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed, another of Wilkerson's. I will send a picture to Rich to see if he can ID it, and if not, it is probably out of here. I don't need a NOID that is not my favorite type daylily anyway. Thank you for the info.
    kay

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

You always have so many great ones, Kay, but I vote for Philistine Champion--and it is a champion, for sure--Golly Galore, Salty Skipper and that lovely Bob Watson trio. Avedon

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I'm glad you have so much rebloom to keep your garden going through the summer. Golly Galore is pretty -- have we seen that one before? I love the volunteer zinnias. I meant to plant some this year and forgot.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow really like your lily and zinnias pics! :)

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I love those volunteer zinnias. You know I love zinnias. So pretty. And each and ever one of the daylilies look wonderful, wonderful. I pick Bob Watson and Salty Skipper as my favorites.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Your Kansas City Kicker has more purple coverage than mine does. Climate does matter.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Avedon, I have a few yet to begin blooming, believe it or not; either new ones or some I moved. And I keep finding more re-bloomers...over 60 so far.

Chris, I have posted it, but it is another one that is pretty distinctive, and I don't want to wear everyone out. It does have some re-bloom but is almost through with the initial blooms. I planted zinnias three years ago, and they continue to re-plant themselves...good color anyway and the butterflies like them.

Bob Watson has had a great year, Rita. thank you. And you know those zinnias. Fertile little things.

Mantis, it is one of the few that are truly purple here. I really like it, and liked the picture you posted of yours.
    kay

• shive
    10 years ago

I'm wondering if Princess Charming could really be Princess Diana. I like it a lot and was going to pick it as my favorite until the NOID issue arose. So I'm going with the Bob Watson trio as my favorite. I wish I had volunteer weeds like that. The zinnias are such pretty colors!

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Debra, how astute you are! I have sent Rich at CT daylilies an email telling him I think I was sent Princess Diana in error. It is next to Princess Charming in his inventory, and he may have had "help" that became confused.

It has the same size, height, etc, as Princess Diana, and it is even re-blooming! The name strip he sent with it is still on the plant, and indeed reads "Princess Charming". Wrong! I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me. It blooms beautifully, always opens correctly.

Those zinnias were planted three years ago, and they always scatter seed for the next year. I don't mind because they are pretty, colorful, and the butterflies adore them...Sometimes the goldfinches sit on them and eat seeds.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

And they keep on going. Wonderful photos. I like the variety you have both in colors and forms.
    Of course you know I love that Philistine Champion. What a gorgeous color. Glad to see another photo of Salty Skipper. So pretty. Golly Galore is very pleasing to the eye too. Oh well, they are all great :-)

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

oh wow, I really like that Texas Carnival Dance >I don't remember you posting this one before, but its a beauty.well, whatever this Princess Charming: is or is not, its a beauty and I llove it.Those lilies are gorgeous, too.
    Golly Galore is so pretty, too. so many beauties today
    Bob Watson is a beauty, too. cant pick a favorite unless its that first one as its such a beauty.and I LOve your zinnia patch. 60 rebloom scapes? wow, you are doing some thing they like.I found a couple new rebloom scapes this evening, too. aint reblooms wonderful? it does help to extend the blooms a little longer.

jean

Sponsored
SparkWise Electric (aka Max Electric)
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Expert Electricians for Electric Service and Lighting