Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Some FFO and repeats on Wednesday

nat4b
10 years ago

The number of flowering daylilies doubled in the last two days.
I am having a hard time choosing what to post, as of course I dearly love
most of my daylilies lol

Wren's Song - the first one that caught my attention looking out the window facing my side bed.

Maybe not as lovely a color as its sister's SOT but I like that it's tall and the flower is bigger.

Ruffled Lemon Piping
{{gwi:877383}}

Elegant Candy, FFO
{{gwi:877385}}

Bombay Silk - FFO
{{gwi:877386}}

Hyperion - FFO
{{gwi:877388}}

Nature's Crown - FFO
{{gwi:877390}}

Forever Redeemed - started yesterday

Thunder & Lightning FFO
{{gwi:877394}}

Orange Noid FFO
{{gwi:877396}}

Oh, can't keep that to myself, really liked how my NOID #6 looked today

And thought I'd add a view. It's my central bed and back bed, and pretty much half of our yard :)

Everything to the left of the light one in the front barely survived the winter and they are small now, and everything in that bare-looking spot with a cage died completely

Thanks for looking!

Comments (13)

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Love the garden shot. Sorry to see you lost so many.
    FOREVER REDEEMED is stunning but hasn't started blooming here yet but any day now. Love the way it recurves.
    Lovely photos and the clump of your NOID is beautiful.

Julia

• shive
    10 years ago

The NOID clump is outstanding! It's too bad you can't identify that one. Others that stood out for me were Fear Not and Wren's Song.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Noid clump is a beauty. Your bed is looking really good considering the problems you had. It is so sad to lose favorites. Forever Redeemed is my favorite. Love that one. I really like Nature's Crown which is unusual since I don't often like doubles. That one is lovely though.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful blooms, just beautiful. Love the daylily bed that takes up half your backyard! Bombay Silk and Forever Redeemed are my favorites today.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

you have lots of pretties blooming today and my favorite of them is Forever Redeemed , I really like that one. Your bed that's taking up half the yard is very pretty, I like that,

jean

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Nature's Crown really gave you a beautiful bloom. Is it always that good? Ruffled Lemon Piping must have been one of the last Munsons introduced. Surely someone can tell us what the last NOID is.

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

Wren's Song is GORGEOUS! And it looks like a big bloom which I love. Forever Redeemed is positively radiant. NOID #6 is a stunner, blooming so nicely like that. I have found that my NOIDS are some of my best bloomers and someone always wants to know what they are because of that! Sorry about those empty spots....I can sympathize. (BTW, I answered you on my post).

Celeste

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Beautiful flowers! I agree that it's hard to choose which ones to post. Forever Redeemed is looking wonderful, and I love the delicacy of Wren's Song.

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody!

I usually use my desktop where pictures look like what I see in the garden but it is so old and slow for Photobucket, so I have to post from laptop, and.. I tried brightness controls and stuff but still pics are very dull. Daylilies like Forever Redeemed or Ruby Spider are so bright, yet on my monitor it's a dull dark sort of red. Well, at least it's faster.

Regarding NOID #6. I am almost sure it's somebody's seedling, probably Dr.Apps. My SIL bought a bunch of unnamed daylilies from White Flower Farm one year, and I checked their catalog (the one she ordered from) and one of the 'bundles' was seedlings from.. where is that place he used to own? So I guess it (and several other NOIDs) is unidentifiable :)

Nature's Crown is not my favorite. It was a bonus, and I don't like doubles. Didn't bloom its first or second year. The plant is short, BC low. As far as I remember all blooms were double.

Ha, it's not like the bed is large, it's the yard that is small :) I wish I had just a little bit more room, there are so many DLs I still would like to try.

Wren's Song is big, and tall. I like the edges too. It can have troubles opening though. And the color looks peachy in the sun.

Celeste, my NOIDs are my oldest daylilies, the first DLs actually. They all perform nicely.

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Wren's Song is a very pretty pink. Love the NOID & it is probably my favorite. I'm so sorry you lost daylilies over the winter, summer is usually when I lose mine. I was foolish enough to do some daylily trades last summer & lost most of those daylilies.

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Love your NOID. That is a lovely picture. Bombay Silk is looking very good, and Hyperion may be old, but it is a favorite. Avedon

• deangreen
    10 years ago

nature's crown is really something else!

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Nancy, Avedon, Deangreen!
    Nancy, was it rot? How unfair!
    Avedon, I like Hyperion too, nice form.
    Deangreen, it looks all fluffy but is not a good perfomer in zone 4 (full sun btw)

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company