maximus7116
10 years ago

Today's picks:

TEMPORARY AND ETERNAL. I MUST get more polychromes:

BACHELOR PARTY FFO:

BEST KEPT SECRET in the shade:

INHERITED WEALTH has never bloomed like this before:

The clump of TWO SUES in bright sunlight -- such a great plant:

STILL THE ONE -- The best bloom so far on this bi-tone. I'm concerned because the scapes are so spindly. The photo on the hybridizer's website also shows spindly scapes, so I'm not sure they'll beef up. Two blooms on the same scape and the flowers were lying on the ground:

SUPERFICIAL SIGHS, looking cool and crepey in the shade:

ETOSHA FLAME, screaming in the morning sun:

Chris

Comments (12)

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Wow, you really have some nice blooms today. Love Two Sues, & Inherited Wealth is just stunning. I like polychromes too, and have a few, TEMPORARY AND ETERNAL is just beautiful. Etosha Flame is a bright one, I bet it catches lots of attention.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Sun or shade, they are all pretty. My favorite is a shady one though. BEST KEPT SECRET.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

You have some pretty ones today, Chris. I like Etosha Flame, and that clump of Two Sues is gorgeous.Best Kept Secret is a beauty, shade or not.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I take it that the purple color of Bachelor Party came out reddish, as purples sometimes do? Very interesting info on Still the One. This is what I find most valuable about Garden Web--not glittering pictures. But the picture of Two Sues does sparkle. I like daylilies such as Temporary and Eternal to be tall; that color is a wonderful backdrop.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I too like Etosha Flame. Good to know about Still The One.

Julia

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, all.

Mantis, the color of Bachelor Party isn't quite as red as my photo shows. There was a little too much sun by the time the flower fully opened, which altered the color slightly. I think the hybridizer's photo is accurate.

I have the same problem regarding spindly scapes with Patricia Snider Memorial, although that one probably gets too much shade so I can't fairly judge.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Pretty blooms! My favorite is Best Kept Secret and Etosha Flame, I like that sunny shot. Temporary and Eternal looks lovely, I like polychromes too.

• polymerous
    10 years ago

'Temporary and Eternal' looks beautiful, but it looks almost like a bicolor in that photo. (I love polychromes, but I also like soft and subtle bicolors too.)

I just looked up the stats.... this looks like another possibility for the garden (if I can just find a place to shoehorn it in, lol). I saw first bloom this summer on 'Joyful Soul' (registered as a "gold cream pink blend"), and while I love it, I'd like something a bit rounder.

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Poly, here's another shot of Temporary and Eternal taken later in the day. It's usually a bit more yellow than my original photo show, and the pink undertones can be more pronounced -- just depends on the weather. It is tall, though, and a good background plant.

• shive
    10 years ago

Well, this is the second year my Temporary and Eternal did not bloom. It's lovely in your photo today, and in Julia's earlier in the week. The clump of Two Sues is fabulous, and I love the brightness of Etosha.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    10 years ago

TWO SUES is always a favorite and your clump is wonderful.

Celeste

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Two Sues, Best Kept Secret and Etosha Flame are lovely. Avedon