Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tuesday Blooms

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 15:57

Well nice, I am getting sick. All this coming from the heat to the air-conditioner, fans, etc. Felt fine yesterday. Anyway, I decided to sleep in, and was taking pictures at about 11am.

The one I identified as Chicago Knobby
P7030557

Zuni Thunderbird - just a few buds left
P7030559

Beautiful Edgings
P7030568

Cat Dancer - it's one of the sick ones; 2FO
P7030574

Chris Salter
P7030577

Best of the day award goes to Bombay Silk today (certainly looked better in person)
P7030581

NOID
P7030590

Chocolate Cherry Dreams
P7030616

Golden Tear Drops - sunny picture made it look pale
P7030622

Party Pinafore - that one is sick too; won't have as many flowers this year, and that only scape it has is quite short
P7030627

Gwin Leman - probably will be my only flower of it. That plant got sick one of the very first. Those leaves showing in the picture are what is left of it, plus a scape. I'll cut the scape of course, but will it even help..
P7030632

Ah yeah, and Raspberries in Cream - again, and again. Because I never know if it's going to show up next year, I enjoy its every bloom
P7030602

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tuesday Blooms

Nate, I am sorry you aren't feeling well. You have some lovely blooms, though. I really like Raspberries and Cream. Party Pinafore has always been a favorite of mine.
Bombay Silk is gorgeous, and so are your NOId and Chicago Knobby clumps.

kay

o

The heat can aggravate any condition, as well as cause heat stroke before you know it. Bombay Silk is a marvelous clump and is loaded with buds. Chocolate Cherry Dreams gave a good pic.

o

Raspberries in Cream is my favorite if them all but really they are all very lovely. Party Pinafore us another I really like here.

o

They are all very pretty, my favorite is PARTY PINAFORE. hope you feeling better.

jean

o

Thanks Kay, it always nice when they open many flowers :)
Thanks Mantis, yes heat can. Chocolate Cherry Dreams often has one petal sticking out but today it has several good looking blooms, it's just that I planted it too close to the fence and they all were facing the neighbors.
Thanks Rita, I love RIC, it is so different from the others I have.
Thanks Jean, not better yet but I hope soon :) Party Pinafore is one of my faves too.

o

Raspberries In Cream is very pretty with the eye and edge. Looks like Chris Salter does well for you. I finally gave it up here. I like your whitish NOID. Very pretty.

Hope your feeling better. I too wasn't feeling up to par a couple of days ago and chalked it up to the heat, air conditioning and visiting Lowe's which had one of those spray mists running which you couldn't avoid as you checked out in the garden center area.

Julia

o

The heat can really get to you so take care. Your daylilies are looking great, even the sick one Party Pinafore and Raspberries and Cream are my favorites. I hope all your sick ones pull through.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here