JULIAN COHEN looks like velvet:

MICHIGAN MAGIC is looking good this year:

PRIMAL SCREAM wakes me up every time I look at it:

And one of my favorites, CLAUDINE'S CHARM, started her bloom parade today:

Chris

Comments (17)

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Michigan Magic is a very sensuous shade of pink. Wonder why it took so long to perform in its namesake. After the Dawn is a nice color too, but I see it has short scapes.

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Great picks and pics! :o) My favs of these are Crosstown Traffic, Bachelor Party, Primal Scream and Claudine's Charm. CC is nowhere near blooming here yet. Primal Scream is definitely an eye opener, I love it.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I really like the color & look of After the DAwn, & Claudine's Charm attracts me every time it is posted.

• jkayd_il5
    9 years ago

I've seen you post Claudine's Charm before and really like it. I think I will put it back on my list.

• njmomma
    9 years ago

Some beautiful pictures here today! Thanks for sharing them with us!

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Claudine's Charm is such a great performer -- I highly recommend it. Great bud count, nice scapes and almost always perfect blooms.

Mantis, Michigan Magic is blooming well, but is still way too short for my taste (and nowhere near its registered height). After the Dawn is a shorter plant but at least it's taller than MM.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Michigan Magic is a lovely one, Primal Scream is always a favorite to Chris. Crosstown Traffic and Claudine's Charm are both lovely. A very nice group and lovely photos to boot.
    kay

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Ooh Crosstown Traffic is so pretty, love it. Also love Mal and Claudine's Charm.
    What's the height of Michigan Magic in your garden?

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

AFTER THE DAWN AND CLAUDINE'S CHARM caught my eye. I have CLAUDINE'S CHARM here and waiting for it to open. :-)

Julia

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, all.

Nat, Michigan Magic is supposed to be much taller but here it's never grown taller than 18 inches. It's at the front of the border so I've just put up with it so far because it's such a pretty flower. Sometimes I think we just get duds for plants that aren't representative of what the plant can really do.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Julian Cohen looks like its been brushed with velvet. Michigan Magic, despite its height problems is a pretty color, but I think that After the Dawn is my favorite of this group.....Maryl

• gonegardening
    9 years ago

Crosstown Traffic looks so nice!! Of course, they all do.

Michigan Magic needs to get it going. In my backyard, it was a star. And it wasn't short. I rescued it and moved it to the front yard where it is sulking a bit this year. Luckily for it, I remember those years of good performance, so will give it some time to recover. One thing I really liked, besides the nice color, was how it was a beautiful dormant...emerging in the spring so nicely. It made me think all daylilies should come up like that. Ha.

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

After The Dawn is a real knock out....just love the colors!

Linda

• shive
    9 years ago

What a nice group! Michigan Magic has a gorgeous bloom. It's too bad it grows so short for you. I always like Claudine's Charm and King's Cotillion.

Debra

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the comments about Michigan Magic. I'm making a list right now (which I'll probably share on another post) of daylilies I may just have to cull for various reasons. MM is on that list just because of its height, but it is a beautiful bloom.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Oh good idea, please share! I got rid of all I plain didn't like, and now have a really hard time letting something go.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

wow, I love them all, each and every one of them are beauties to me.SO, can nOT pick a favorite one of them.moreeee please :)

jean

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks