Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

On the 4th of July

Julia WV (6b)
9 years ago

Just a couple more to show. Hope your all enjoying the holiday. Weather is so much cooler. 50's this morning and what a big change but a nice 70's now and for the rest of weekend the same lows and highs. Love it!!!

CHICO RICO - purchased this from a forum member when she posted her pic. Love this one.

MAGIC OF OZ - just a great overall daylily.

GRETTA GRAPETTE - always love seeing this one start blooming.

LOST IN THE TOY STORE - giving me a great show on a very cool morning.

ROCKS CRY OUT - lighter sepals and open great on a cool 50"s morning.

and my gardening buddy who still can't catch the chipmunk
Marmalade

Julia

Comments (8)

• shive
    9 years ago

Marmalade is cute. There's still time to catch that chipmunk. I think my favorite of your daylilies is Magic of Oz. Lost in the Toy Store looks like a great daylily for cool mornings. Don't you wish every summer day were in the 70s? We hit the 80s by noon, but I sure got a lot of weeding and watering done this morning.

Debra

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

I'm still enjoying that odd pattern on Rocks Cry Out, but my favorite is your photo of Marmalade. We had a torty that looked just like her. If she can't catch the chipmunk, at least she has a goal for every day.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Tell Marmalade not to give up, he is a pretty one. Glad to see Chico Rico since I bought it too, but I haven't planted it from the pot yet. I really like Lost in the Toy Store. Like Magic of Oz and, of course, Rocks Cry Out is really looking beautiful today. Nice to have cool weather. Ours isn't quite as cool as yours, but very refreshing for this time of year...and short lived no doubt.

kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

Love the Tortise Shell cat. Torties are all so full of personality. Each one different. Marmalade is a beauty. I saw a very short clip of a cat and chipmunk confrontation the other day on Youtube that made the news. Cracked me up. Enjoy....And oh yes, the daylilies are great also......Maryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Cat vs Chipmunk

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Magic of Oz is new here, and I too like it. I like the midrib on Lost in the Toy Store.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

CHICO RICO is a very pretty one.Haven't seen that one before.i really like LOST IN THE TOY STORE, too.very pretty. Marmalade is a very pretty cat and steals the show.
    The weather was a little cooler here too, today and last night.mid 80's for daytime, upper 60 s at night, but, back to the 90's tomorrow. and gradually creping up.

jean

• deangreen
    9 years ago

I used to hate midribs, now I like a good contrasting white stripe like the one we see hear. the cat is a cuie, I love speckled cats like that. I've never liked any pale colored flowers not matter how like that magic of oz photo...so pale and not for me, that's okay though, I still grow an awful pale lavender pink huge very short Siloam Howard's Choice just because.... anyway hope it was a great 4th! :)

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Marmalade is a cutie!
    Lovely daylilies, and opened nicely. My favorite today is Lost in the toy store.