Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximus7116

Catching Up in Michigan (and frogs are here!)

maximus7116
11 years ago

We've had company for the holiday, so I've only been able to snap some photos but not post. Here's a few to start getting caught up:

DREAMCICLE SUPREME -- LOVE this daylily! I moved it last fall and it seems to have settled in happily.

AFRICAN GRAPE, my favorite and best-performing Munson:

SOUTH SEA SERENADE (I think -- I used to grow both South Sea Serenade and South Sea Enchantment, and the tag got mangled):

INTEGRATED LOGISTICS, a great performer from Hanson:

FIJI, with a nice large bloom:

CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION, a pretty bloom but not the best performer:

ETOSHA FLAME, another Munson that does very well here:

And the first frog of the season:

Chris

Comments (13)

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

You have some real winners, Chris. African Grape is also a great grower here. Hard to choose a favorite but, leaving out the frog, I will choose Dreamcicle or Fiji. Looking forward to more posts.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Lovely! All of them are extra lovely. And The little frog is too cute. I can see why you love DREAMCICLE SUPREME, it is a stunner!

• shive
    11 years ago

Hey, not fair! You've got frogs AND Integrated Logistics with petal pinching. Dreamcicle Supreme is a beauty. But it might make me go out and buy those orange creamcicles every time I saw it in the garden. Fiji looks really round and fluffy and more pink than orange. But African Grape is the most mouthwatering of all. (It's a good think it's almost dinnertime!)

Debra

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

wow, gorgeous blooms. lots of pretty ones,and I just love FIJI,and that red one too.There was a lot of frogs around here, until it got so hot and now I dont see any. guess they left to go find water.

jean

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Beautiful Blooms! Especially Etosha Flame and South Sea Serenade.
    kay

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Chris, love the little tree frog.. My Fiji didn't look as good as yours this year but this is the first bloom season at my house. I love ETOSHA FLAME.. That's my favorite...Ellie

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

DREAMSICLE SUPREME looks like it has great substance? It's a beauty. Think my favorite is SOUTH SEA SERENADE.
    Val

• nat4b
    11 years ago

I like every one of your today's flowers! Especially Dreamsicle Supreme and Fiji.

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    11 years ago

All are beautiful! I especially like AFRICAN GRAPE, that one's been on my list for awhile.

Yesterday must have been the kick off for frogs in Michigan - I found a little frog nestled in a bloom of TUPAC AMARU yesterday, made my day. I was able to get a really good picture of him too. He was still there (or was there again) last night when I checked again.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I agree about DREAMCICLE. All of them look great. Nice pics.

Julia

• houstmag
    11 years ago

That frog sure is cute. Beautiful photos of some really stunning daylilies.
    Linda

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

You promised to mail me a frog last year. :( lol I hear them sometimes but have yet to ever see one. I like African Grape too-it's so hard to find true purples, they often bloom with a reddish cast here.

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everyone.

Dreamcicle Supreme is only in its second year, and yes, it does have nice substance and a decent amount of budding for a transplant.

Once the tree frogs show up, I usually find at least one each day. Sorry I forgot to mail you one, Lisa!

African Grape is such a great plant. Compared to most of the Munsons I grow, it's very vigorous. The color is steadfast and really doesn't have a red tint to the purple. I highly recommend that one.

Chris