Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Catching Up in Michigan (and frogs are here!)

Posted by maximus7116 MI (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 16:54

We've had company for the holiday, so I've only been able to snap some photos but not post. Here's a few to start getting caught up:

DREAMCICLE SUPREME -- LOVE this daylily! I moved it last fall and it seems to have settled in happily.

Photobucket

AFRICAN GRAPE, my favorite and best-performing Munson:

Photobucket

SOUTH SEA SERENADE (I think -- I used to grow both South Sea Serenade and South Sea Enchantment, and the tag got mangled):

Photobucket

INTEGRATED LOGISTICS, a great performer from Hanson:

Photobucket

FIJI, with a nice large bloom:

Photobucket

CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION, a pretty bloom but not the best performer:

Photobucket

ETOSHA FLAME, another Munson that does very well here:

Photobucket

And the first frog of the season:

Photobucket

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Catching Up in Michigan (and frogs are here!)

You have some real winners, Chris. African Grape is also a great grower here. Hard to choose a favorite but, leaving out the frog, I will choose Dreamcicle or Fiji. Looking forward to more posts.

o

Lovely! All of them are extra lovely. And The little frog is too cute. I can see why you love DREAMCICLE SUPREME, it is a stunner!

o

Hey, not fair! You've got frogs AND Integrated Logistics with petal pinching. Dreamcicle Supreme is a beauty. But it might make me go out and buy those orange creamcicles every time I saw it in the garden. Fiji looks really round and fluffy and more pink than orange. But African Grape is the most mouthwatering of all. (It's a good think it's almost dinnertime!)

Debra

o

wow, gorgeous blooms. lots of pretty ones,and I just love FIJI,and that red one too.There was a lot of frogs around here, until it got so hot and now I dont see any. guess they left to go find water.

jean

o

Beautiful Blooms! Especially Etosha Flame and South Sea Serenade.
kay

o

Chris, love the little tree frog.. My Fiji didn't look as good as yours this year but this is the first bloom season at my house. I love ETOSHA FLAME.. That's my favorite...Ellie

o

DREAMSICLE SUPREME looks like it has great substance? It's a beauty. Think my favorite is SOUTH SEA SERENADE.
Val

o

I like every one of your today's flowers! Especially Dreamsicle Supreme and Fiji.

o

All are beautiful! I especially like AFRICAN GRAPE, that one's been on my list for awhile.

Yesterday must have been the kick off for frogs in Michigan - I found a little frog nestled in a bloom of TUPAC AMARU yesterday, made my day. I was able to get a really good picture of him too. He was still there (or was there again) last night when I checked again.

o

I agree about DREAMCICLE. All of them look great. Nice pics.

Julia

o

That frog sure is cute. Beautiful photos of some really stunning daylilies.
Linda

o

You promised to mail me a frog last year. :( lol I hear them sometimes but have yet to ever see one. I like African Grape too-it's so hard to find true purples, they often bloom with a reddish cast here.

o

Thanks, everyone.

Dreamcicle Supreme is only in its second year, and yes, it does have nice substance and a decent amount of budding for a transplant.

Once the tree frogs show up, I usually find at least one each day. Sorry I forgot to mail you one, Lisa!

African Grape is such a great plant. Compared to most of the Munsons I grow, it's very vigorous. The color is steadfast and really doesn't have a red tint to the purple. I highly recommend that one.

Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here