Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monday Flowers

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 17:05

It's getting hotter, the forecast says every day the temperature will rise a couple degrees.
And not to expect any rain.
I noticed several of the flowers are getting lighter, and more are dropping buds

This is Swirling Water
 photo P7154543_zps80def685.jpg

Prediction
 photo P7154545_zps9ab34007.jpg

Lighter than before Bombay Silk
 photo P7154561_zpsffe738c1.jpg

Guilded Appeal - still darker, but it has just started, and I like the edge on it
 photo P7154567_zps95ad6781.jpg

Wild Horses still doing good
 photo P7154571_zpseed4d1df.jpg

Chicago Knobby clump; my camera makes those red purple or burgundy-ish flowers bluer
 photo P7154576_zps9f06373b.jpg

Chicago Knobby - single; looks closer to its morning colors on my desktop monitor
 photo P7154577_zps12d7d174.jpg

Court Magician - one flower opened all the way today! The other two had that one petal sticking out. I am hesitating again, because fully open it is pretty
 photo P7154579_zps31e74138.jpg

Utopia or Oblivion
 photo P7154593_zpsfecf4805.jpg

Noid with buds
 photo P7154596a_zpsdcc556f7.jpg

Ruby Spider today
 photo P7154599_zpsc29418aa.jpg

Linda's Magic - really like it this year
 photo P7154683_zpsdbc0469c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monday Flowers

You have a lot of pretty ones today! I especially like Chicago Knobby. That color is gorgeous even if it isn't the true color. And Wild Horses is always gorgeous. I like Linda's Magic too.
kay

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 18:09

Look at the buds on that NOID! Mine should all have that bud count. Your clump shot of Chicago Knobby is good, but I've never seen a daylily as Lilac as that around here. You said it was your camera so out of curiosity, what brand is it?.....I like Guilded Appeal also, but think my favorite shot is of Ruby Spider.........Maryl

o

Lovely clump of Chicago Knobby. I thought at first it was Hint of Blue, that is the exact color of mine. The close up made me realize it isn't the same flower, then I read where you said the color is off. Pretty flower though

o

Beautiful flowers today. Court Magician is really nice when it opens perfectly, isn't it? Bombay Silk is always a pretty pink, and Wild Horses is looking striking.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 20:06

Wild Horses, Chicago Knobby, and Ruby Spider are stunning!!!! I just love them! I ordered Ruby Spider this season after seeing it in full bloom at Oakes...I can't wait to see it in my own yard!

Tammy

o

Well, what beautiful flowers you have. I especially like Chicago Knobby--I favor that flower shape, too, and it looks like Ruby Spider is similar in shape---love it, too. The buds on your NOID are amazing and the color is very pretty--would you call it a light violet? Avedon

o

Love, Love, Love Court Magician and Utopia or Oblivion their colors are right up my favorite alley.
Linda

o

Thanks everybody!
Maryl, camera is old Olympus. I get frustrated with the color distortion on purples, oranges, some reds etc. but it is what I have..
Avedon my fave shape is like Linda's Magic, but Knobby has lots of flowers, and Ruby has big flowers :) Noid is light lilac or yes, light violet.

o

COURT MAGICIAN is so bud heavy I sometimes feel like taking a few buds off just to see it open fully. Lovely bloom when it opens fully though.

I do like CHICAGO KNOBBY. Nice photo of it single and clump shot.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here