Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wednesday in Ohio

Posted by mantis__oh z6 OH (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 17:06

That's southern Ohio, and anyone who lives in Ohio knows there is a big difference. Still hot here, but tomorrow should be different.

Rose Masterpiece is throwing a huge bouquet.

Cosmic Traveler with Ethel Buccola

Ashton's Giggles is still under evaluation. Scapes seem short.

Spring of Living Water is new here. I must say it doesn't look quite like the Korth pics.

Absolute Treasure had a bunch open.

Nobel had a big, perfect flower:

Mystical Rainbow is always photogenic:

And nearly always Forever Redeemed:

Royal Lavender (not great bud count, but puts them out):

Matthew Martin, another prolific Dougherty:

Grace Like Rain hasn't multiplied a lot:

Atlas Shrugged, aptly described as brawny and robust, has huge bright pink flowers in the early morning and then fades to a more burnt hue:

Red Suspenders was imposing in the garden:

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 22:24

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wednesday in Ohio

So lovely! Rose Masterpiece is just begging for attention! OKAY you're gorgeous, we see you! :)
I like Matthew Martin too! Wow!

o

Rose Masterpiece is really a beauty today, Mantis. And just one after another, Forever Redeemed, then Mystical Rainbow which I really like. Matthew Martin is very nice, and Red Suspenders is an attention getter. A very nice group of blooms today. You season is looking very good.
kay

o

Rose Masterpiece is really a beauty today, Mantis. And just one after another, Forever Redeemed, then Mystical Rainbow which I really like. Matthew Martin is very nice, and Red Suspenders is an attention getter. A very nice group of blooms today. You season is looking very good.
kay

o

Wow, Rose Masterpiece is calling my name. I don't know what happened to mine. I think I may have moved it one too many times, but your photo is exquisite and I'll have to get it again.

Glad Atlas Shrugged is shaping up for you. Mine is never really pink, but always in the peach range. I love it regardless.

o

NJ Momma: Matthew Martin multiplies like rabbits. Its weakness, however, is that a lot of those dark brown blossoms are splotched.

Chris: At first, I didn't recognize the bright pink as Atlas Shrugged, but I knew that was the plant. This evening, it was closer again to the morning color.

o

Rose Masterpiece even if it has a bad day, still wins us over in the end. Several of the Korth's will be blooming here shortly and I must say they did great getting through our horrid winter.

Always a pleasure seeing your pics.

Julia

o

Your clump of Rose Masterpiece is breathtaking! I just love that color! Clumps of Mystical Rainbow and Forever Redeemed are quite captivating too!

o

I changed the picture of Mystical Rainbow, as by mistake I put one from early morning that had bluish tones. It's amazing how different light conditions produce different color tones.

o

Does Ethel know he's from outer space? ha

I like the lavender one, so sublime and bright. wow. :)

o

OH MY GOODNESS. SO MUCH BEAUTY in one posting.That ROSE MASTERPIECE is gorgous.you couldn't walk by that one and not see it if you tried really hard. Irts fantastic,and so are the rest of your beauties, today.I love each and every one of them.NOBEL is a beauty, too. I have scrolled up and down about 6 times, slowly taking in their beauty..

jean

o

That clump of Rose Masterpiece is awesome! All your blooms look great, and you pic of Ashton's Giggles reminds me that I wanted that plant badly when it was first introduced. I will have to keep an eye on the LA for that one.

o

So many nice ones! Lots of variety.

I like the attitude of Red Suspenders. It's sturdy one.

Agree about Mystical Rainbow and Forever Redeemed. Yours look great!

Matthew Martin is one I haven't seen before. It looks quite velvety.

Enjoyed these.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here