Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

A FEw Worth Posting

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Chris mentioned one that she had planned to give away that was blooming beautifully, and Bubble Yummin' Momma did that for me.
It was a goner. and look what she posted on re-bloom: so she gets another year anyway:

{{gwi:882675}}

Philistine Champion

Wall of Fire on Re-bloom:

Arctic Lace on Re-bloom::

Orchid Corsage:

Red Slippers: You'll be happy to know it has beenweeded and mulched...again! Weeds love rain.

Another section of garden all weeded Preened and mulched: The iris bed on the right will not be mulched in the same way, but will be reworked.

This honeysuckle had mildrew with no blooms beyond very early spring, for the last two years. I sprayed a copper spray and it is recovering. The hummers like it, and that is monarda on the upper right, a humzinger feeder to the right, and a pink butterfly bush and other such plants are nearby.

kay

Comments (10)

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Hey, where's the photo? I want to see how good it looks now.

I got my first blooms off Wall of Fire, but not one of them fully opened. Cool nights and cool mornings don't help, but I sure hope it shapes up.

I like your garden shots. Mildew has been a real problem here this year, too.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Beautiful, especially the garden photo and the honeysuckle. Philistine Champion is my favorite today.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

All right Chris...Not fully mulched when I took it, but here it is.

kay

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Love the color of Wall of Fire and my favorite is Arctic Lace.
    I was weeding today again, one small area - whole big bag of weeds :)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wall of fire is a beauty.Them weeds grow when nothing else will.love your garden shot too.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have no idea how Photobucket managed to delete the first picture. It was deleted from my album too, so I had to upload it again. Always a pleasure to deal with the unknown at PB. Here, again, is Bubble Yummin' Momma

kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Bubble Yummin Momma is nice Kay. Wall Of Fire is also lovely.

Mulching project looking good.

Julia

• shive
    10 years ago

I love Bubble Yummin Mama, Wall of Fire, and Red Slippers! Arctic Lace is gorgeous on rebloom too. The freshly weeded and mulched part of the garden is beautiful!

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for looking and commenting. Those blooms are favorites of mine. Everyone knows that I am very partial to the reds and brights. They make up a big part of my garden, and they look really good to me with dark mulch.

I finished using the huge pile of hardwood mulch from the big oak tree we had cut down last summer, and, while it was okay, there is nothing like the pine mulch for my garden. DH like red, but it fades and stains and I prefer the natural dark mulch. It is a lot of work, and the 40 cubit feet I put down this week is just a beginning, but it retards the weeds wonderfully well. 50 more cubit feet will be here Wednesday, and I will continue my project.

kay

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Philistine Champion and Wall of Fire are doing the great thing. At least your Orchid Corsage has color, ours is bleached out, must be lack of rain. Always like garden shots, and nice color on Red Slippers. Avedon

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County