Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Weekend Blooms

mantis__oh
10 years ago

Actually, some of these were before the weekend. Once again, this year displays its rollercoaster, as we are now being inundated with rain again after a week in the oven.

PEGGY JEFFCOAT Always good

MARY FRANCES RAGAIN Signs of later

JEAN SWAN with ERNEST YEARWOOD another later one

PANDA BEAR always blooms beneath foliage, but is heavily budded and reblooms

MALAYSIAN MONARCH has looked good despite the heat

ORANGE VELVET still compels attention

SPIRITUAL CORRIDOR

LADY NEVA

LAVENDER RICHES (small flower) next to RAM

KING OF THE AGES Towers over most of the garden

HEAVENLY BOMBSHELL also tall (taken just before heavy rain today)

Containers already a bit blousy (from excessive water followed by excessive heat), but still colorful

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 18:12

Comments (14)

• polymerous
    10 years ago

Love the lavenders... so cool and peaceful.

I wish *my* containers looked so good...

• timhensley
    10 years ago

King if the Ages is a real beaut. How has it performed for you? I was thinking about ordering next spring.

Tim

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

After a couple of years, King of the Ages is doing fine here in zone 6 (northern part). I cannot evaluate increase yet. It is a later bloomer.

• shive
    10 years ago

The containers look fabulous to me! Spiritual Corridor has such a cooling effect on a hot day. Peggy Jeffcoat looks like one of those perfect doubles. If I had any more room, I would surely add that one.

Debra

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Spiritual Corridor is always beautiful. Lady Neva seems to do very well for you, skinny scapes or not. How long have you had Heavenly Bombshell? That one looks very promising.

Your containers look like they're getting much more attention than mine these days -- very nice!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

I really like Heavenly Bombshell. I don't recall seeing it before. Spiritual corridor has a quiet beauty. King of the Ages is looking good. Your containers look very good to me.
    kay

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Beautiful blooms all of them. Your containers are outstanding.
    Linda

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lavender and purple are cooling in hot summers we've had.

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I love ORANGE VELVET. It's my favorite.

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a pic without raindrops. Heavenly Bombshell is a recent addition, but is growing fast.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow!!! what some beauties you have. Love PEGGY JEFFCOAT , its a beauty.and MARY FRANCES RAGAIN , too. beautiful...PANDA BEAR is a beauty, too. I love that one.I really like HEAVENLY BOMBSHELL too, its a loud one. and your container garden is gorgeous..That Lavender and purple pot is gorgeous, too. wish Mine looked that good.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Goodness, a lot of eye candy to take in.
    I like Peggy Jeffcoat. Nice double and looks to have plenty of blooms.
    My container plantings are a little fried from all the heat but hopefully they will bounce back. Yours look wonderful.

Julia

• deangreen
    10 years ago

really like your tonal containers!! very nice. also like that first pic of the white double. gorgeous

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Peggy Jeffcoat and Orange Velvet look yummy enough to eat! Your potted plants are also looking good! Mine have all turned yellow from too much water, but they'll come back!

Tammy

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH