Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seasons Is Fast winding Down...Good

Posted by organic_kitten 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 17:11

I still have a good many last blooms, very late bloomers and rebloomers. Here are a few from the last three days.

Spiderman on rebloom :

Today:

Spiderman photo IMG_2577_zpsa8c48b38.jpg

Yesterday after several hours in the hot sun:

Spiderman photo IMG_2540_zps04b9d6ee.jpg

Golly Galore:

Golly Gaalore photo IMG_2490_zps23d6d910.jpg

Half Moon Key on rebloom:

Half Moon Key photo IMG_2556_zpsdc6a6dd4.jpg

Salty Skipper finishing up:

Salty Skipper photo IMG_2445_zps03dc6188.jpg

I think Dliverer is finally through blooming:

Deliverer photo IMG_2349_zpsdd43c52a.jpg

Old favorite, Indian Giver on rebloom:

Indian Giver photo IMG_2389_zpsc800d2da.jpg

Last year, I dug this one up and tossed it under a big oak tree. In full shade, Never planted, just on top of the ground mind you, the silly thing is blooming away. All American Windmill:

All American Windmill photo IMG_2417_zps24270f55.jpg

Hard times:

Hard Times photo IMG_2454_zps40b6067e.jpg

Arctic Lace on rebloom:

Arctic Lace photo IMG_2607_zps3111ffdc.jpg

Last one to begin blooming. FFO on very late Running Late:

Running Late photo IMG_2608_zpsce647f37.jpg

Ruby Lipstick still blooming:

photo IMG_2598_zps078c22e7.jpg

Paul Owens Seedling:

photo 50b29e90-224b-44e9-8683-7a79b5a952b1_zps91c40c84.jpg

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seasons Is Fast winding Down...Good

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 17:19

Half Moon Key is on my list and your picture shows why. The form on Salty Skipper is different but nice. Yes, it's a shame to see the season wind down. I don't think it will be a good rebloom season for me this year and it seems all too brief .....Maryl

o

Golly galore the best , the color combo talks to me. All great, how many varieties in your garden?

o

Lots of pretties but Arctic Lace is my number one favorite. Perfect bloom! I also like Golly Galore and P.Owen's seedling today.
Sad about your season winding down. Hope you'll have a lot of rebloomers to post :)

o

Arctic Lace is looking great on rebloom, and I like that Paul Owens seedling. My Arctic Lace did not bloom well this year - short scapes and very few buds. It used to always rebloom, but this year I don't see any rebloom scapes. Spiderman looks like its having terrific rebloom. I love all those scapes and how colorfast it is.

Debra

o

My season started mid-March, and I have had a good bit of re-bloom. I spent a lot of time weeding today, and found that Palace Garden Beauty has put up yet another rebloom scape. I love that particular one, and it is not unusual for it to put up scapes 3 or 4 times, but I didn't expect to find anymore rebloom scapes.

I am actually ready for the season to be over, because I am making a lot of changes in my beds. Some are leaving, some are moving, I am planning to move all daylilies from the very back bed because it has Japanese Maple trees becoming larger and giving shade. Debra, although Arctic Lace bloomed and rebloomed, there were fewer scapes of each than usual. Golly Galore has been a super plant. I would recommend it to anyone with a similar climate to mine. It multiplies well, reblooms reliably, and has large beautiful blooms...and lots of them. They are still beautiful at the end of the day in full sun too. Maryl, I got Half Moon Key my first year of buying daylilies, and it isn't going anywhere; good choice. Sherry, I have around 350 different ones...enough for me to keep up with. I am hoping to get down to about 300, but will be lucky to get down at all knowing me.

kay

o

How lucky you are to have Arctic Lace reblooming for you! Your Paul Owens seedling is a beauty, and I really like Hard Times. I love your story about the daylily blooming without being planted, since the same thing has happened to me. Amazing plants, our daylilies!

o

beautiful, all of them.Looks like you have had a lot of blooms this year and reblooms, too. I have a bunch that didn't bloom at all for some reason, and have only gotten 2 reblooming. sure not like last year, when I had as many rebloomers as I did with the first flowers.I have a late bloomer that has lots of buds that will be blooming soon.but,I have ooh so many that didn't bloom this year.I lost several over the winter, too .hopefully it will be a better year next spring. Kay,I have forgotten I guess, but,do the daylilies grow new fans in the spring OR in the fall? I know its a dumb question, but would like a answer anyway..

jean

o

Arctic Lace is very pretty, and I like the looks of Hard Times. You still have some very lovely daylilies blooming at the wind down of your bloom season.

Linda

o

Arctic Lace did nothing this year. I trust it's still alive. Season is shorter here than last.

o

Salty Skipper is so pretty Kay. I've admired that one and it loves your garden. Golly Galore looks so perfect. Nice group.

Julia

o

Gosh darn Salty Skipper is just fantastic...just noticed it on my list from last year of what I never was able to find.

Thanks for sharing!
~Anika

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here