Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Beauties in the rain from this weekend (photo-heavy)

celeste/NH
11 years ago

It was a blessing that we got some rain this weekend as it has been so dry and hot all summer and it saved me about 5 hours of watering yesterday. I wish it would rain for all of you who need it! I am so addicted to taking photos everyday that I couldn't resist taking them in the rain and got some funny looks from people driving by...LOL.

Celeste

Is it possible to be in love with a daylily? If so, then I am in love with JAY FARQUHAR! It is the one I drag everybody out to see....

BLUE VOODOO....

PARTY PINAFORE....

MYNELLE'S STARFISH (huge 10" bloom)....

WINNING NOTE....

WILD IRISH....

OLD KING COLE....

LEDGEWOOD'S FIRECRACKER....

{{gwi:882969}}

SILOAM BO PEEP...

GOLDEN HIBISCUS....

JOAN DERIFIELD...

FREEDOM'S TRIUMPH....

AMERICAN FREEDOM....

JANICE BROWN...

SILOAM SHOW GIRL....

CHANGING LATITUDES....

HEAVENLY BEGINNINGS....

BORN TO RUN...

PICK OF THE LITTER....

WILD CHILD...

PARADE OF PEACOCKS....

GRATEFUL HEART....

Comments (13)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

So many pretty ones, it would be hard to choose just one. I really like Jaon Derrifield, Freedom's Triumph, Ledgewood's firecracker, Siloam Show girl and Party Pinafore, Jay Farquhar is a beauty as is Blue Voodoo and Golden Hibiscus...and if I don't hush, I will have named all of them.
    kay

• jakejones
    11 years ago

Great pix. Post more please!!

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

They look really good in the rain with the raindrops. And I understand perfectly. Many is the time I have been out in the rain taking pictures of the daylilies.

There are too many stunners here to choose only one favorite. The ones that really jumped out at me are WILD IRISH, SILOAM BO PEEP, GOLDEN HIBISCUS, JOAN DERIFIELD and SILOAM SHOW GIRL. Just stunners!

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

well, geez.I would have to sit here and include almost all of them to get a favorite.They are all gorgeous,and I couldnt just pick one bloom out of these.I love the red of show girl. and all of the purples, too, and they look fantastic with the rain drops on them.I dont have to think about taking pictures in the rain since it dont rain here.Sure hasn't this year anyway, Just a quarter inch a couple days ago, didnt hardle wet the ground.

Jean

• User
    11 years ago

That is an amazing collection - especially all those that have a wonderful purple color. I love Blue VooDoo. Very nice!

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Colors seem more vivid in the rain. How is Jay Farquahar in terms of splotchiness? What percent of blooms are clean?

• crackingtheconcrete
    11 years ago

I also think raindrops make flowers and gardens look more magical!
    My favourites here are the dark beauties and reds. :) So nice that you have so much going on in your garden!

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

These are all beauties. I'd be happy with any of them, but Ledgewood's Firecracker really grabs me with its big eye and bright color. Is it a good performer?
    Val

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

I'm playing catch up here. Love your beauties, those people driving by giving funny looks are abnormal, we're the normal ones---LOL. I love Mynelle's Starfish, Siloam Bo Peep, Siloam Show Girl, Joan Derifield, Changing Latitudes, and Parade of Peacocks. Ave

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I have to agree that some of your colors on your dls seem very intense. I've not seen FREEDOM'S TRIUMPH bloom with a bluish edge. Always interesting how the rain affects the blooms.
    Nice grouping.
    Julia

• mizellie
    11 years ago

I like Born To Run and Grateful Heart. I would have joined you in the rain if I had blooms...I take them ( photos) in the rain when I can as I love being out in it ( the rain again)...Nice pictures...Ellie

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Congrats! on the rain. Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! is all I can say about your DL's, everyone of them is a stunner.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANKS everyone for looking and commenting! Mantis, Jay Farquhar has been immaculate in my garden. Every bloom has been perfect with no splotchiness and every one has opened perfectly. I did not spray for thrips and some daylilies on either side of Jay had mottled blooms, but not JF. It has exceeded my expectations.

Celeste