Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Monday...All Day

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Well, Abilne Lillian put out it's first bloom. Disappointing, but it is a first. It has red, not the hot pink, and that may be what it is here, time will tell. the form wasn't great either:

Ledgewood's Jungle Music had its first re-bloom today. Hmmm. let's see .Wait three years to bloom then re-bloom:

Lucky Stripes is still blooming:

And I have to keep Mary Jane's Wild Rose Petals since DH decided he liked it:

Vulcan Logic has started re-blooming:

Heavenly Angel Ice doesn't know when to stop blooming:

And the daisys are blooming away:

kay

This post was edited by organic_kitten on Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 22:00

Comments (10)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Kay, Hopefully Abilne Lillian will improve for you.I don't think it looks bad at all,Looks a lot like hillbilly heart, to me. I like the color of Lucky Stripes, not the form that well, but the color is gorgeous.well, I like Mary Jane's Wild Rose Petals , too. and them dasies are very pretty as well.. I have to soon got out in the heat and water everything again. I waterevery day,and it don't look like they ever get a drink here.its so hot and dry.

jean

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

I really like Lucky Stripes and Heavenly Angel Ice - I just got HAI a couple of weeks ago, looking forward to seeing it bloom here next year. Your daisies look so fresh and nice! Love them.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Too bad about ABILENE LILLIAN . Sure looks like it would be a pretty bloom.
    HEAVENLY ANGEL ICE would be my pick. Seems to do so well in so many different gardens.

Julia

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

The daiseys are great and Lucky Stripes is my favorite!

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

You know I love Vulcan Logic, and how nice that it reblooms for you. I need to hear more about Abilene Lillian. I LOVE that eye. I don't know what you call it when the midribs look like they've made the eye streak, but it's beautiful.

• shive
    10 years ago

I think Abilene Lillian looks fine for a first bloom. I'd give anything if mine would give me a bloom, any bloom. I thought the eye and edge were a rosy red. Vulcan Logic and Lucky Streak are looking great!

Debra

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Lucky Stripes and Heavenly Angel Ice are my favorites too. Abilene Lillian looks like it could be beautiful soon. If all my daylilies looked like their first bloom I would have a much easier time downsizing.
    Val

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Ledgewood's Jumpstart got its picture lost. Something else is there.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, jean. It is a first bloom, and the plant has put up three scapes, so we'll see how it goes. I hate that you've had to water all summer when so many of us are getting rain galore.
    Twixanddud Hope HAI does well for you.
    Julia, I expect reds, but was hoping more for the rose on this one.
    Chris, it has rebloomed the last two years. It is a pretty bloom when the thrips and slugs leave it alone.
    Thanks, Debra. I was surprised since I planted it kind of late this spring.
    Val, it will probably improve.
    Thanks Mantis. A neighbor had just dropped off a lot of grapes, and I was already set to can pickles, so I was even more discombobulated than usual. I fixed it.
    kay

• Nancy
    10 years ago

Lucky Stripes is my favorite, a very cheerful, happy daylily. Heavenly Angel Ice still didn't do that well in my garden. I'm going to move it & see if it does better. It is right beside my monsterous kiwi & I keep having to move the kiwi aside so HAI can get plenty of sun. The vine may be sucking all the nutrients from the soil too.
    I had to look up Abilene Lillian to see what it is supposed to look like. Personally, I like the more red tone you are getting better, but I know how you feel when that first bloom doesn't look the way you wanted.