Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

A round of rebloomers for Tuesday

shive
11 years ago

Most of my daylily beds are down to only one or two blooming now. I do have a scape coming on Wheel of Time, which finally decided to bloom this season after all. I saw yet another rebloom scape emerging on Boca Raton this morning, and Jeanne Deaver's Dream has two rebloom scapes on the way. I have one late spider that hasn't started blooming yet. Here are some photos from this morning. These are all reblooms.

PATSY CLINE is having some gorgeous flowers on rebloom.

TEXAS BLUE EYES is reblooming well too.

ANNABELLE'S BLUSH

BLUSHED WITH EMERALD and a visitor

BELLA SERA

AWESOME APPLIQUE

FORSYTH FROSTBOUND, still pale from the heatwave, reblooming for the first time ever. I've had this one for six or seven years.

PATSY CARPENTER

Pipevine Swallowtail

Debra

Comments (18)

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

I've never seen a swallowtail like that. Does Annabelle's Blush always open well for you? I will choose Blushed with Emerald along with its visitor.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Kind of sad isn't it when the gardens are slowing down. You still have some wonderful blooms to see. Butterfly is beautiful.

Julia

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mantis - The Pipevine Swallowtails are very common around here. I love the irridescent blue with the dark black of their wings. Annabelle's Blush does always open well for me. I've had it three years, and this is the first year it's performed so well.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Julia - I usually get much more depressed when things are winding down. But it's been so hot this time that I appreciate not having to spend as much time outside. It's back to the mid and high 90s with high humidity.

Debra

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

I love Texas Blue Eyes, but they are all pretty!

Rena'

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

I am not going to try and pick a favorite out of them, because they are all gorgeous.I have never seen a butterfly like that before with that blue on it. very pretty one.Just about all i see here is tiny litle orange ones. bt they are pretty, too, just not as pretty as the big ones.

jean

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Rena'! Tex as Blue Eyes has been one of my favorites this year. I think it will make my Top 10 favorites for the first time.

Jean - I get lots of types of Swallowtail Butterflies here. I haven't seen quite as many this year as in the past.

Debra

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Texas Blue Eyes has got to be my choice. it's very beautiful. Patsy Cline is looking good too. The Pipevine Swallowtail is a winner too. I don't believe I've seen one here! Ellie

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Patsy Cline is my very favorite out of these beauties. It is indeed gorgeous.
    You have two Patsies :)
    My Forsyth Frostbound is reblooming too! Though it's an instant rebloom and rather short

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Ellie!

Nat - My bloom season began with the Patsies, and it's ending with them. My Forsyth Frostbound almost had instant rebloom. There was a gap of only 4-5 days between when the original scapes finished and the rebloom scape started.

Debra

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

What a long season you get from daylilies when you get that much rebloom. Patsy Cline is my pick -- gorgeous flower.

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Chris - The season is winding up pretty much when it always does for me. I didn't expect it would since most of the early to mid bloomers started three weeks early. My season started on May 7th with Aerial Applique and the Stellas.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here are some more rebloomers from today.

COCONUT GROVE

CORAL MAJORITY

AUTUMN JEWELS - This is the first time ever AJ has rebloomed. This is instant rebloom.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Your rebloomers are looking great. I always like to see the Pipevine Swallowtails, although they flit around so fast, it is hard to get a great picture like that one. I think they have short attention spans.

Texas Blue Eyes gets my vote again.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Hurray, hurray for reblooms! I do love PATSY CLINE, what a lovely glowing color.

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kay - I took that butterfly photo from very far away with my zoom lens. I've taken better pipevine photos, but I knew by the time I got closer, it would be gone. Texas Blue Eyes is a charmer - especially when the weather is really hot.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I really like the Blushed with Emerald. I can see the green in the edging and center. I also am liking that Patsy Cline. The texture, the form and the warm yellow color are right up my alley. Butterfly is neat too. I potted some curly leaf parsley for my Swallowtails, which are just starting to show up. Unfortunately so are the spider mites and they've just about killed the parsley. Age old battle in my area - spider mites versus the world....Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maryl and Rita - Patsy Cline is a lovely bright spot in my dwindling garden. This morning I had three different types of Swallowtails on my butterfly bushes, but they didn't stay long enough for me to get any photos.

Debra