Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Thursday, Friday...

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Found two more re-blooms, Salty Skipper and Spacecoast Eye for Passion, so I'm up to 77. Good thing or the blooms would be almost finished.

Medici Palace has begun to re-bloom:

Delayed Arrival:

Palace Garden Beauty is finishing re-bloom:

And Heaven's Edge has started re-bloom:

This one is a gift plant from Mary Jane that will go to a new home where it will be better appreciated: Wild Rose Petals:

Flying Trapeze has started re-blooming: 1st time ever!

I Wanna Piranha is re-blooming:

Last Blooms on Fire in the Hole:

Possession of Obsession continues re-bloom:

and you know you want to see Philistine Champion:

kay

Comments (10)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

gorgeous,, again, why do you want to get rid of Wild Rose Petals:? I think its a beauty. . Possession of Obsession is a absolute beauty and my favorite today. and yes, I a,l always wanting to see Philistine Champion, its a beauty and it looks huge, too.

jean

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Beautiful rebloom, but Fire in the Hole is a wowser! It looks so fresh, like it's just about to start the season.

• shive
    10 years ago

Phillistine Champion just never stops. What a performer! How wonderful that you are getting rebloom on Flying Trapeze! I really like that one. And Fire In the Hole is such a bright beauty. I hope that one will rebloom for you too.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

I like Medici Palace. Looks like a nice ruby red. Philistine Champion always draws my attention. Good shot of it. Possession of Obsession is my 3rd favorite. I need another good dark (not black/) purple that is sunfast/colorfast. You picture shows it just the right shade of purple.......Maryl

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Boy, that first one Medici Palace is a beauty. Philistine Champion is a always a favorite for me. So many blooms. I guess Phil hit the jackpot with that one.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I don't remember your posting Medici Palace. The name certainly sounds like a Munson; probably one of his last (posthumous) intros. How does Medici take the sun?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I appreciate your continuing to look and comment on this long bloom season.

Jean, Wild Rose Petals is not my favorite combination of colors...the pink with the yellow edge. I am determined to have no larger number of daylilies than I have, and in fact, downsizing a bit would be good. So if I don't really like it, it is out. I have several people who eagerly take take any I will give them.
    Chris, Fire in the Hole is in it's second season. It is a nice tall plant, a very good bloomer and has found a home here.
    Debra, you should have seen my double checking that it was really Flying Trapeze that had put up re-bloom scapes. And PC is an amazing plant, you are right about it never stopping.
    Maryl, you picked three good ones to like. the color of POE is just that deep, always.
    Julia, as I told you, Phil had said PC is always sold out; and it is very understandable. Julia and Mantis, Medici Palace is a good red, and Mantis, it is a Munson. Even posting so many, there are always beautiful ones that I don't post. I may not have posted Medici Palace. I've had it at least four years, and it does usually re-bloom here. I went through a big push buying Munsons about three or four years ago. Some of them will be moving out this year, but not very many.

I will probably post a few shots from today either tomorrow or the next day, since there were several very nice ones that didn't get posted today. Roman Conqueror put up it's first ever re-bloom today, for instance.
    kay

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

Flying Trapeze always grabs my attention, as does Philistine Champion. You are very fortunate to have so much rebloom!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks twixanddud. You are right, you know. The re-bloom is pure dumb luck. Nothing to do with the gardener's skill. It may be related to the climate, but other than that, just luck.
    kay

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Fabulous rebloom, Kay, you are lucky that so many beauties are coming back for you. Hard to pick favorites ,but you know PC is right up there, it is an incredible blooming machine, and I love the color of Medici Palace, don't remember that one from before. Fire In The Hole very good attention-getter , and that really nice purple of Possession Of Obsession is a grabber. Avedon