Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My pics for today

Posted by njmomma z6 NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 17:45

Cool Moon Rising finally showed me worthy blooms this year.
Cool Moon Rising photo imagejpg1-11.jpg

August Frost started this week and I love the green throat. Also it's quite tall.
August Frost photo imagejpg3-4.jpg

Outrageous living up to its name.
 photo imagejpg2-5.jpg

Ming Porcelain is one I grew to appreciate and love. It did well this year.
Ming Porcelain photo imagejpg7-4.jpg

Buttered Popcorn has multiplied a lot. This is just part of the clump.
Buttered Popcorn photo imagejpg11-2.jpg

Dabo Girl is one of my favorites and it's just about done. Always puts out 3-5 blooms at a time not to overwhelm the senses.
 photo imagejpg12-1.jpg

Best In Class shined this year and has a rebloom scape, in top left, coming up full of buds.
 photo imagejpg8-3.jpg

Alabama Jubilee, look at the pink in it... So cool.
 photo imagejpg10-3.jpg

Emporers Choice is impressive this year.
Emporer's Choice photo imagejpg9-3.jpg

Arcadia Plantation is a smaller flower about 3-4 inches but with perfect form and plant habit. I love it.
Arcadia Plantation photo imagejpg5-4.jpg

Dragon King has done very well this year. It never looks as good in pictures as it does in person though.
Dragon King photo imagejpg4-4.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My pics for today

Thanks for posting a photo of Dragon King. I agree that DK has to be seen in person to fully appreciate its velvety lushness and glowing triangular throat. Another plus: the substantial flowers hold up to a light rain (but not a heavy downpour).

All of these pictures are lovely, but I particularly like your happy mix of Dabo Girl, liatris spicata, and daisies.

o

Lovely! Cool Moon Rising is my favorite of the group.

o

Lovely photos today. I especially like BEst in Class and Dragon King, but Cool Moon Rising was quite lovely, in fact every shot was beautiful.
kay

o

Dabo Girl is a soft, enticing shade. Cool Moon Rising also looks very good. Afraid I've had too many negative experiences with Best in Class to share your enthusiasm.

o

Lots of pretty flowers, Dragon King looks so nice I can't imagine it looking even better. I really like the color of Cool Moon rising too.

o

Cool Moon Rising has terrific color! Buttered Popcorn makes a bright clump next to your fence, and Best In Class is a standout. The combo of Dabo Girl, the daisies and liatris is excellent! Thanks for sharing your photos!

Debra

o

Lovely group today! My favorites are Cool Moon Rising, August Frost, Best in class and Dabo Girl. But they are all pretty!

o

They are all gorgeous,and I can not pick just one as a favorite. Dragon King is especially nice.I have that one, too, thanks for sharing your photos.

jean

o

Nice selection of daylilies today -- I especially like Dabo Girl and Buttered Popcorn.

Am I mistaken, or don't you also grow Goody Goody Gumdrops? (I hope I have the right name.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here