Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

A few Last Blooms

organic_kitten
11 years ago

Faithful and True has been lovely on re-bloom. In fact, many of mine have looked better on re-bloom than initial (early) bloom.

Hate to see Crazy Ivan's last one, but all good things etc...

Whistler's Sister is finally finished...a great one.

Pineapple Moon is done:

I think Spiderman is through now. I thought that twice before, so we'll see:

I think this is the last of Deliverer:

On the plus side, Ranger Bob has just started re-blooming:

As has Blueberry Breakfast:

And Rocket Booster and Tyger River are in full swing:

And that is bound to be more than enough.

kay

Comments (24)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Beautiful Kay. I am so glad that you get all that rebloom. Keeps us in pictures of your lovely daylilies. Ranger Bob is a really lovely, lovely purple and of course you know I love all the hot colored ones.

• shive
    11 years ago

Wonderful blooms! The ones that really caught my eye were Faithful and True, Pineapple Moon and Deliverer. The last two trios were just stunning. Not only are you getting rebloom, you are getting so many multiple blooms very late in the season.

Debra

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

well,I sure love RANGER BOB. hes a pretty thing, but all of them are nice ones.All of mine are gone too, except for BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS. it still has a few buds to go yet..I have 1 witha scapesthat has never bloomed yet but it only has about two buds on it, too. and another one with a rebloom scape that has 3 buds on it. so,I am about bloomed out. Condilla has another scape coming, makes 2 on it now, andMEXICAN MAGIC has a rebloom scape growing. it is just so miserable hot outside nowand I need to go out and water again, too.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all. Rita, a lot of the blooms are prettier than at peak just because we've had a couple of nice rains, finally!

Debra, only certain ones give the really nice multiple blooms this late, but if they have several scapes, it is more likely, of course. We'll see, but Blueberry Breakfast has three scapes now...it may bloom well. I think there are either five or six that haven't started the re-bloom cycle yet, and some that are nice, but I haven't posted them since I have already posted so many this year.

Jean, I do so wish you could get some rain. It planyed tag with us for so long, raining all around, but e did fianlly get some. Supposed to be storms tomorrow, and I devoutly hope we don't get any MCVs like Rita's area did.

kay

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Having rain really makes a difference in the daylilies, doesn't it? Super goodies in this group, Ranger Bob such a lovely color, love the pattern on Pineapple Moon, Blueberry Breakfast appeals to me, great clump shots of Rocket Booster and Tyger River, they really light up. Avedon

• Nancy
    11 years ago

love the 1st 2, but I think this year is my big, dark eye phase. I have a new phase each year :) I've noticed a lot of my reblooms seem to be prettier even than 1st blooms too. You still have a lot of really pretty blooms.

• JJOF
    11 years ago

Beautiful! My favourite is Pineapple Moon.
    Jason

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Avedon. Between rain and temp extremes this is as good as it's been in a while.

Nancy, I always like whatever I'm looking at at the time.

Thanks Jason. the rain really helped that one finish up ell.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Because of you, Kay, I got Whistler'S Sister. Faithful and True most catches my eye.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mantis, you should really enjoy Whistler's Sister since she has bloomed so stupendously. Faithful and True is one of the few that manages to be purple in my climate. It has never had a bad bloom.
    kay

• mizellie
    11 years ago

faithful And True is a beauty as is Crazy Ivan. Rocket Booster is my fav. Boy is it diasappointing to go out in the mornings and see only a couple of blooms...Ellie

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Beautiful flowers! Hard to choose as I like all of them. Ok, Faithful and True for keeping the purple and Whistler's Sister for ever-blooming :)

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Crazy Ivan is so dark! What a beauty.

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

Terrific last flowers and rebloom. The last two are my favorites, although Pineapple Moon is very striking.

• hostabff
    11 years ago

These are all very lovely, however I especially like Pinapple Moon - very different!

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Wow, wow, wow. How did I miss this post. Pineapple Moon is so pretty with the eye pattern. Now, I'll have to go look that one up. Your such an enabler Kay, LOL.

Julia

• susansconi
    11 years ago

I'm sorry to be catching this post so late, but I just can't believe I'm seeing pics of 'Blueberry Breakfast' on RE-bloom! It's only its 1st yr in my garden(it was one of many bonus' I received from Weitz Gardens last fall) but all the research I did on it stated nothing about it reblooming. It's such a beautiful flower- & that's a great pic, by the way.

If you or anyone happens upon this post, and have any comments about 'Blueberry Breakfast's' performance, or have also seen it rebloom, I'd love to hear about it! I'm still somewhat new to growing daylilies(and am now hooked like crazy), and rebloom is still a wonder to me and how it works or would apply in my zone 6 garden. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Susan

• susansconi
    11 years ago

I'm sorry to be catching this post so late, but I just can't believe I'm seeing pics of 'Blueberry Breakfast' on RE-bloom! It's only its 1st yr in my garden(it was one of many bonus' I received from Weitz Gardens last fall) but all the research I did on it stated nothing about it reblooming. It's such a beautiful flower- & that's a great pic, by the way.

If you or anyone happens upon this post, and have any comments about 'Blueberry Breakfast's' performance, or have also seen it rebloom, I'd love to hear about it! I'm still somewhat new to growing daylilies(and am now hooked like crazy), and rebloom is still a wonder to me and how it works or would apply in my zone 6 garden. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Susan

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Stunning rebloom all are beautiful no clear cut favorites for me.
    Linda

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

All lovely, Kay. Pineapple Moon is interesting. But Rocket Booster and Tyger River have that "WOW" factor! Awesome! Have they stopped blooming by now?

Nancy

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A recycled post. Hmmm.

Susan, for some unknown reason, I have had unprecedented rebloom this year. Out of + or - 300 daylilies, 99 have rebloomed. Blueberry Breakfast had 5 rebloom scapes. Thnkas Linda. Nancy, none of these are blooming now, but several others are. And Man of Sorrows and Cinco de Mayo have put up yet another instant rebloom scape to follow the rebloom that just finished.

I am sorry, I know it is ungrateful, but I am ready to be done with this season. this is in it's 5th month now. That's absurd! But I will put up another set of bloom photos soon.

kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

So many start to pour in during the first part of the season that I miss a post or two and apparently I missed these beauties. My favorite is Tyger River, but I also really like Crazy Ivan. Glad I caught this on the rebound....Maryl

• susansconi
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for the info- and I'm sorry I posted my earlier question twice!!! I don't even know how that happened!

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Kay, it's hard to chose a favorite here. You have so man pretty ones still blooming..Ellie

Sponsored
Arete Construction Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Experienced Craftsman & Top Quality Masonry in Frederick County