Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My last daylily and a lesson learned

Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 17:50

This is my last daylily bloom of the season- Indian Ripple. Last year Indian Ripple (first year to bloom) put out a few blooms but none of the flowers were over 4 inches wide. I was diasppointed but kept it because the color and form were still so pretty. This year however all the blooms have been 5 inchs or a bit more. I didn't realize that a year could make all that difference in bloom size....Maryl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My last daylily and a lesson learned

It's gorgeous! The colors, the form, the ruffles - what a beautiful bloom!

o

What a gorgeous photo of a beautiful daylily. I need to be more patient, too, in waiting for daylilies to really settle in.

o

So pretty! I nearly lost that one over the winter, and I don't think it's going to bloom this year. Unfortunately a lot of mine shrank this year. Some of the 5 inchers are barely 4 inchers this year. Why? Lack of rain.

Debra

o

It grows like a weed. Typical Dougherty.

o

MARYL; that is a gorgeous bloom,and I do mean GORGEOUS.

jean

o

oooh, yay! I just ordered a double order of Indian Ripple 2 days ago and it's arriving Monday. I'm so looking forward to the blooms next year!

o

Wait til next year. That is one bloom machine.
kay

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 14:45

Appreciate everyone's nice comments.
Another plus I've found is that the color, even in our harsh sun, is fairly stable, still being attractive in late afternoon after a day in the hot sun.
Debra: I lost one clump of Indian Ripple to our horrible winter last year. But it was in a small container, and they in particular were heavily hit.
NJmomma: I think you will really like yours when it gets going. Now that I've seen its full potential I plan on always having a clump or two around.......Maryl

o

Beautiful picture Maryl. I see several folks have it and it always looks great.
Too bad your season is done already. Wow, that went fast or did I misinterpret your post?

Julia

o

What a perfect bloom, nice to know it holds its color well too.

o

It holds well here too. No matter how hot, and in full sun all day, it looks as good at 6:00Pm as at 6 AM
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here