Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njmomma_gw

Bunches of new ones today!

njmomma
11 years ago

So, I quickly ran outside this morning to take pics before going to work (hate working Sundays) and I didn't have much time but here's what I got.

JOAN DERIFIELD - finally got a nice bunch today. Love it!

JOAN SENIOR - suffering from thrips but looking good today

TANGIBLE DISTINCTION - I wasn't crazy about this one because it's so orangy and short but it's a really really good bloomer with tons of buds. So, I decided to trade it last year and at the last minute kept a fan or two. It's recouperating now and in the end I'm glad I kept it.

EMPEROR'S CHOICE FFO - I like that it's crepey (sp?) but I wasn't expecting it to be so lemony in color.

ROYAL FROSTING - just getting started. This one blooms into the fall - it's a bud builder and seems to just keep going and going. I also am a sucker for whites and I like the form of this one.

JEN MELON - starting already. Hidden by perovskia.

MOUNTAIN ALMOND - love the bright center. Did much better last year but still good.

APACHE WAR DANCE FFO - starting already. This one puts up rebloom scapes in September. Gotta love it.

AUTUMN WOOD - another one I was thinking of getting rid of, but I'm glad I kept. It's very short so I put it at the front of my front bed. I love the color and form.

VICTORIAN LACE - last flower today. Barely bloomed since I got it but it's still considered a newbie so I'm giving it another 2 years to prove itself.

BIG SUR and DRAGON KING - I love these both!

COOL MOON RISING - got this in a trade a couple years ago and it's never opened fully but I really like the color and crepey-ness of it. It has many more buds this year than ever before so I'll keep it another couple years and see how it does.

I heard a clucking/clicking noise in the tree and this squirrel saw me and froze. I thought it was a funny pose to stay in.

Comments (10)

• shive
    11 years ago

You have some lovely clump shots here. I didn't know Apache War Dance rebloomed. It hasn't so far for me. It may get too much shade and not enough water later in the summer.

Debra

• Cindy zone 6a
    11 years ago

The squirrel posing did make me laugh out loud!!
    Nice pictures Victorian Lace is one of my favorites. You gotta give it more time. I like Joan Derifield.
    Cindy

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

All very nice, really like Royal Frosting and Joan Derifield. The squirrels are cute until they get on the bird feeders and eat all the seeds--at least that is what happens here. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Squirrel probably thinks it is his garden ha-ha. JOAN DERIFIELD looks lovely. Well they all look lovely but JOAN DERIFIELD is my favorite.

• bigack
    11 years ago

What is the purplish daylily next to your Royal Frosting! I have a NOID that looks like it.

• mizellie
    11 years ago

I suppose Joan Derifield is my fav too but I like the combo shot of Dragon King and Big Sur. The squirrel looks as though he's posing for you..Hurry and get the photo for goodness sake is what he may have been thinking....Ellie

• njmomma
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That's Prairie Blue Eyes. Not the best performer, but I love it anyway.

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Joan Derifield is my favorite too, I always like daylilies with that color/look. I love Autumn Wood & would never consider getting rid of it here :) Just such a unique color. I have Jen Melon too, such a simple look but a huge flower & lovely color. I don't really think I need more white daylilies, but everyone loves Joan Senior & your clump looks so nice. Royal Frosting looks really good too. Love the squirrel, he looks so comical.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Nancy, you have a bunch of lovely clumps. Joan Senior is just a good. solid white. Cool Moon Rising and Autumn Wood are both lovely. Joan Derifield is gorgeous! Royal Frosting is really pretty. I think, by the color, Cool Moon Rising appeals to me the most.
    kay

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Funny squirrel pic :))
    Daylilies all looking great, I love Joan Derifield! Lovely clump of Joan Senior. I transplanted mine and it did not flower this year, but I remember last year its buds looked so bumpy every time yet the flowers opened alright. I like the soft color of Mountain Almond. Victorian Lace is beautiful. Mine didn't have a lot of flowers either, but every bloom looked good so far