Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Lingering Performers

mantis__oh
11 years ago

Bloom now is more sparse. Wonderful to hear those thunderstorms today!

INDIAN RIPPLE sparkles in the sunlight:

ROCK SOLID goes out with a nice one: (too large on pic, but only one I had on this day)

EARNEST YEARWOOD understated beauty and good performer

MAJESTIC MOVE

SAVANNAH DEBUTANTE

Dramatic RAM on rebloom:

BE HERE NOW more recurved and yellowish in this morning's heat and dryness. Color is usually more mellow.

PUNXUTAWNEY PHIL on rebloom scape:

PARADISE CITY appeared seemingly out of nowhere after being "lost" for two years:

APACHE WAR DANCE attracts attention, while no longer alluring to me:

FAIREST OF THEM on rebloom. Not great here, but maybe it's location.

JAMAICAN MUSIC a few days ago--good this year

BELA LUGOSI deserves to be photographed more often. It's just taken for granted.

A demure NATALIE ANTOINETTE Every once in a while a bloom

Comments (11)

• JJOF
    11 years ago

They are all beautiful but Indian Ripple is my favourite. It's very bright and eye catching!
    Jason

• shive
    11 years ago

Indian Ripple makes the prettiest clump for you! Mine didn't even bloom this year. Paradise City is another that didn't want to come out and play. I have a seven fan clump, and only one put up a poorly budded scape. Majestic Move is a very pretty yellow, and Jamaican Music has nice color contrast!

Debra

• Nancy
    11 years ago

OOOO, love Indian ripple! My favorite of all these lovely daylilies. My Jamaican Music did really well this year too.

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Certainly can't miss Indian Ripple, but today I really like your yellows, Ram definitely got my attention. I agree about Bela Lugosi, very nice indeed. Avedon

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Indian Ripple, Rock Solid and Fairest of them are winners for me. They are all lovely though...Ellie

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Bella Lugosi is lovely, and You can't overlook the yellows, but Indian Ripple is outstanding. You stiull have a lot of nice blooms.
    kay

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

I'm having trouble tonight getting photos to load for some reason-but I have a question. How good of a bloomer is Savannah Debutante? I'm trying to decide whether to keep it, Vanilla Fluff, or Peach Magnolia-one going. All three struggling here this year. Rain missed us again. :(

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I would say that Vanilla Fluff is the weakest of the three here. Peach Magnolia and Savannah Debutante are very strong growers. All three are nice. I have tired of Peach Magnolia, but it is a reliable bloomer every year. It is also shorter, of course.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I do like INDIAN RIPPLE.

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

Thanks for the answer. Usually I agree those three are nice, but many of my flowers look pathetic this year. I have limited room so I am eliminating some similar flowers, especially if they bloom at the same time. I have some that are similar, but bloom at different times-so that's not so bad. And I can see pics tonight and agree that Indian Ripple is an attention grabber!

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Beautiful flowers! Indian Ripple looks great and it's my favorite. I also like all your pretty yellows

Sponsored
Pretty Neat Staging, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Home Staging with a Renewed Perspective & Design in Fairfax County