Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

A cool July day for Jinger Bred and Sangria

shive
9 years ago

These are some photos from the first three days of July, when the temperatures have swung from the miserable muggy mid-90s to most of today in the 70s. Where can I move where summer days are usually in the 70s? It's wonderful!

LILLIAN's JINGER BRED - I lost this plant over the winter, and then bought a new one when I saw it on the Lily Auction this spring. I immediately planted it in the ground, not wanting to lose it again. But the plant is not really growing well, and I'm not sure why. The blooms are a paler pink than last year, and the edge is not as wide. I hope it will take off soon because it was my favorite pink last year.

SEMINOLE WIND is one I've grown for years. The flowers always open well and it's rarely bothered by aphids or thrips.

ASTERISK is an oldie with a very distinctive look.

ALL OF MY LOVE TO YOU was one of the few new ones from last year growing in a pot that survived the winter. I'm liking it so far.

BETTER THAN EVER still looking good after the muggy 95 degree day that melted the blooms of most others.

CAROLICOLOSSAL is an gigantic oldie that really brightens the hot colors bed.

DRAGON KING is a classic red that has never grown very tall where I have it planted. It doesn't have many buds either, but I really like the bloom.

My two clumps of Sangria with Mia are still churning out the blooms. The best two scapes have bud counts of 33 and 35!

Debra

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz