Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Etiquette Regarding Dead Daylily

Posted by maximus7116 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 18:20

I received a bonus plant from a good retail seller I've ordered from in the past, and the daylily is now dead. I've made a point of watering new plants to the garden because of the horrendous heat, but this one has been on the way out for quite a while.

My question is whether I should bother contacting the seller because (1) the weather is beyond any seller's control and (2) it was a bonus plant (albeit a $50 plant).

Your thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Etiquette Regarding Dead Daylily

A lot of plants this spring were difficult to establish. Certainly, the seller would have no obligation to replace a bonus. Most probably wouldn't replace a purchased item. It really depends on your relationship with the seller. I would be reluctant to ask for a special shipment of a bonus replacement that died, but might note it on the next order.

o

I agree with what Mantis said. Sorry for your loss though.

Debra

o

I agree. I just didn't know if I was being a weenie for not saying anything.

o

I have had a few bonus plants die and have never contacted the seller, since this after all is totally up to the seller's discretion. Just had to chalk it up as unfortunate, and suggest you consider that stance also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here