Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

Nearing Peak bloom!

silverkelt
11 years ago

I was blown away with the blooms today, like a light switch turned on, from like 200 blooms to a thousand, almost every plant I had (except the ones that lost buds from our high heat, no rain the last two weeks) were in bloom.

My front seedling patch, its a little deceptive, on this side you see all of those very tall purple seedlings, but on the other side are yellows/oranges and other mixes.

{{gwi:426762}}

I also went through my master map and looked at seedling crosses today , lol.. so I have names for once, dont get so spoiled, I dont know how much ill do that again for ya =P

The only seedling that survived out of change dynasty x cave creek canyon, but thats ok , its wonderful.

Astral Voyager X Bali Watercolor .. just exploded with blooms this morning..

It looks shorter sometimes, but its a generic 28-30 inch plant, its just surronded by monsters, its actually a 7 inch face, but its sib always nears ten inches.. so it makes it look smaller then it is..

Carol Todd X Monet Garden seedlings..

I couldnt find it on my master list, BUT I know this is from one of naturesedge daylily seedlings..

Leslee Renee x Singular Sensation.. very hardy sev types, have no issues with these in the spring.

On Night Wing X Venus Fly Trap, look close there is always a random tooth from time to time.

Stippled Starship X PC

Meet Joe Black X Bart Roberts.. I could share like 15 pink/purple edges eyes like this, but I wont, some are slightly better then others, looking back , I think I had a think for pink/purple eyes lol

Finish off with Fire Arrow X (creeping crawler x red suspenders) with lots of orange red base. I like this one.

You might grow to hate it, but man.. this seedling knocks my socks off every day.

{{gwi:309256}}

Did a few more crosses today, with my best teeth with my tallest and brightest purples.

Silverkelt

Comments (10)

• marricgardens
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Leslee Renee x Singular Sensation seedling is my favorite. I like the change dynasty x cave creek canyon seedling to. The purple of the last seedling is so intense, I love purples! Marg

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Well, Marg already listed the three that I was going to note. They are very nice indeed! Hope the plant habits are good too. Impressive; be sure to show us more in the future.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I like the last one. It has some of the same colors you see on Isle of Patmos. Fun to see what the kids will look like. Your garden picture is very pretty. Enjoy peak bloom. Wish I could start all over again here LOL.

Julia

• shive
    11 years ago

The last purple seedling is the most strikingly dramatic. But I like the Chang Dynasty baby, Meet Joe Black x Bart Roberts and the giant lavender Astral Voyager kid very much too!

Debra

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Love the last purple seedling! Carol Todds X Monet Gardens is just beautiful these two tie as my favorite.

Rena'

• nat4b
    11 years ago

I actually couldn't pick a favorite, you have very pretty seedlings!
    Love the garden shot, and wish I had 1000 blooms :))

• silverkelt
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I wanted to share a snap shot of some of my pink/purple, with purple eyes, dont think this is all of them either lol..

Sorry about qauilty of the shot, its from my iphone(even though on the phone it doesnt look that bad, once you email it at a larger size screen, its always fuzzy to me, oh well) , my minolta z2 finally kicked it, its sorta of sad, even though its been outdated for awhile, it was one of the first qaulity hybrid optical digitals out there and still took decent photos after all this time.

I have a smaller digital but the battery needs to be recharged I think. Im going to have to break down and get a new camera at some point. Ive looked at alot, but they all seem inferior to the minolta I was using, even with the megapixels, they all seem so plastic and light compared to it. Anything anyone can recommend ? A friend has the d500 canon , but its darn expensive. I was thinking of the d300, the only big diffrence is one takes hd movies and the other doesnt I guess.

just a quick photo of one of my GSTQ kidlings..

Silverkelt

• shive
    11 years ago

I like the pinks with purple eyes, and the God Save the Queen baby with its blue tones has a gorgeous face!

Debra

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

You always have beautiful seedlings. The garden shot is gorgeous. I like the Leslie Renee, the Fire Arrow, and the "knock your socks off" seedling. The GSTQ seedling is a beauty too.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Pretty seedlings!