Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New ones today :) and a mystery

Posted by njmomma z6 NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 18:36

Best In Class I think was a trade or bonus, can't remember but it doubled in size in a very short time. It's a little too perfectly red and rounded for me (I know, too perfect is a problem?) but I'll keep it for now.
This was early this morning so it was still in the shade and this upclose pic doesn't show its' true redness. Plus it's still in the morning shade.
 photo _DSC0010-3.jpg
yup that's thrips damage
 photo _DSC0009-3.jpg

Cheetah Safari blooming quite low
 photo _DSC0004.jpg

Rainbow Radiance is my all time favorite - not the best pic of it here but it's superb.
 photo _DSC0016-3.jpg

Stately Sir, not the best bud maker or multiplier but it's not taking up any space (next to my tomatoes) so it can stay for now.
 photo _DSC0013-3.jpg

Free Wheelin'
 photo _DSC0022-2.jpg

FFO for Porcelain Ruffles
 photo _DSC0006-1.jpg

Now I'm confused. I have this one labeled as RUE MADELAINE but it's so dark. The second pic is a clump of it and it's multiplied so quickly - looks great. The 3rd pic is from last year of a daylily near it that I THOUGHT was Rue Madelaine and now I'm not sure what it is. :(
I thought maybe it would lighten up but when I got home from work at 5:30 it was still quite dark.
 photo _DSC0011-3.jpg

photo _DSC0012-2.jpg

and my rue madelaine that is probably not rue madelaine
Rue Madelaine photo _DSC0024.jpg

I'm confused. Someone help me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New ones today :) and a mystery

That purple mystery is a beauty. I hate to have mysteries like that, though in my yard and I have a few. Beautiful budding on it too. Looking on the net, people post everything from a deep wine to dark purple for Rue Madeleine. Cheetah Safari and Free Wheelin' both look really good. Best in Class is a lovely red.
kay

This post was edited by organic_kitten on Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 22:22

o

Your Best in Class looks much better than mine. I got mine as a bonus from Maryott a couple of years ago.
Love Cheetah Safari & Rainbow Radiance.

o

Inevitably, I have a few plants that are mysteries--tags were lost or they were not true to name. It's a good idea to keep all past orders.

Best in Class never did well here. I like Cheetah Safari, but hope it shapes up.

o

Rainbow Radiance is my pick of the group. Make sure you post more pics of it!

o

Cheetah Safari has a nice color combination. Reminds me of a pansy. :-) Free Wheelin looks good too. Nice to see you have all forms in your garden.

Julia

o

Your first picture is Rue Madelaine (dark). Your second picture is not familiar to me. Hope this helps!!

o

well!! I love that mystery plant, its a beauty, but all of them are very pretty and I like them all.

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here