Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Atmoic Inferno - Whoa!

Posted by twixanddud z5/6 SE Mich (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 18:37

Whoops, editing this to give the correct name - Atomic Inferno, sorry about the typo in the subject that I cannot change.

Does anyone have Atomic Inferno? I did a search and nothing comes up, so I don't think I decided to get it because of this site. Anyway, I love it so far! I got it last summer and it just started blooming in the past week. It's one of those "I can't stop taking pictures of it" flowers for me. It's nice and tall, has clear bright red flowers, and all of the flowers have opened perfectly so far. Will have to see how it holds up when we get some super hot days. It's registered as 10-15 buds, but I have three scapes and they all have 15-17 buds - not bad for a first year. Looking forward to seeing it in future years! Here's a few pictures, which don't really do it justice.

photo AtomicInferno007.jpg

photo AtomicInferno005.jpg

photo AtomicInferno004.jpg

photo AtomicInferno002.jpg

Thanks for looking.

This post was edited by twixanddud on Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 19:28

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Atmoic Inferno - Whoa!

You're right -- I wouldn't be able to stop taking pictures, either. It's a beauty.

o

The color is fantastic and especially looks good with the background flowers.

Julia

o

That's a bold one for sure....has that WOW look.

Linda

o

wow!! that's one of these that makes you look at it. it yells, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME its a beauty.

jean

o

What a bright, blazing red!

o

Remarkable!

o

Nice! I really like such daylilies. Love the background too.

o

That is one great daylily! I like what i can see of your garden, too. Love the variety.

o

Oh my goodness, that is my kind of bloom. Love it! I would be taking pictures too.
kay

o

What a nice crisp red color it has, & sounds like it is going to be a good bloomer. Really going to make a statement in your garden.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 18:34

Wow, that is one awesome looking flower.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 19:02

Gossard did a good job hybridizing it and you did a good job selecting it. It looks wonderful in all of your photos....Maryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here