Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain again...Just enough to stop work

Posted by organic_kitten 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 18:39

I waited until late to go out and work because it was hot and DH is always afraid I will kill myself...he sits under air all the time, so the heat hurts him more than me. anyway I just had time to Move Cerulean Warbler to a much better site, and dig up three more plants that are leaving when the light rain that had started became too heavy to stay out in. Making progress but have a long way to go...but it is so wonderful to be able to work in the garden again.
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain again...Just enough to stop work

Yeah, I waited til later to go out to work in the garden. Just as I put my hand on the doorknob, there was a huge clap of thunder. So far, that is all it has amounted to, all noise & no rain.
I'm so glad to see you back, Kay!

o

Thanks, Nancy

o

Ah rain, so good. We really need one here. You did quite a bit today! I was so lazy didn't even finish liveheading, and only watered a few.
ETA (ooh first time editing here ;))
Kay, which ones are you eliminating and why? I am looking for 'inspiration' to help me decide what should leave.

This post was edited by nat4b on Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 23:19

o

I'm glad you got some work in, despite the heat. I did some weeding and watering for nearly 4 hours early this morning. I'm glad I watered because somehow that big storm system that passed by only left a few drops of water in my yard. I'm looking forward to a cooler day tomorrow.

Debra

o

We had two days of hot and humid weather, storms rolled in yesterday and today it feels like a fall day. So nice and cool and will stay this way till Sunday when another storm system will be rolling in.
Julia

o

Good to have rain, sorry Debra that you missed it. They are predicting another of the cool weather periods next week. It is unbelievable to have two sets of cool, comfortable weather in July here. I am glad to see it because I am busily reworking my daylilies. I have several friends and a couple of forum friends I am sending plants too, so no guilt about taking them out.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here