Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunday Part 1

Posted by juliany 6 NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 18:40

These are pics from today and the last few days. Thunderstorms just passed through so it is safe to get online again.

STEALTH BOMBER- finally opening some decent blooms
STEALTH BOMBER photo STEALTHBOMBER2_zpsa95d38a3.jpg

FLAMING WILDFIRE - just starting
FLAMING WILDFIRE photo FLAMINGWILDFIRE_zpsda5a2ece.jpg

GENTLE ON MY MIND - disappointed in the budcount but heck anything that survived this year is a winner.
GENTLE ON MY MIND photo GENTLEONMYMIND_zps23eb64ee.jpg

PINEWOOD ONLY IMAGINE - huge bloom but low budcount so far and had some issues opening correctly. It has more pink than my photo shows.
PINEWOOD ONLY IMAGINE photo PINEWOODONLYIMAGINE_zpsd8415116.jpg

LONG LEGGED LAP DANCER - just started today and lots of scapes and buds.
LONG LEGGED LAP DANCER photo LONGLEGGEDLAPDANCER_zps7965c606.jpg

BETTY SPAGETTI - new this year from Judy D. So far I'm liking it.
BETTY SPAGHETTI photo BETTYSPAGHETTI_zps5eaa7a39.jpg

ARCTIC BLAZE - more pinkish in tones this year.
ARCTIC BLAZE photo ARCTICBLAZE1_zps5dc87771.jpg

SPIRITUAL CORRIDOR - just starting.
SPIRITUAL CORRIDOR photo SPIRTUALCORRIDOR_zpsd1faebe2.jpg

OPEN DOOR - has been blooming but haven't gotten back out to take pics when it opened with multiple blooms.
OPEN DOOR photo OPENDOOR_zps15d6d30a.jpg

INHERITED WEALTH - has been blooming but can't get a good photo since it takes almost noon before all the blooms open up fully. Also very top heavy in buds which doesn't help with openings.
INHERITED WEALTH photo INHERITEDWEALTH1_zps793434c0.jpg

LESLIE RENEE - just started opening. Seems also to be top heavy in buds which stops blooms from opening fully.
LESLIE RENEE photo LESLIERENEE_zps27b85bd2.jpg

MOKAN BUTTERFLY - also having issues with opening during cooler mornings but once we stayed overnight in the 60's, it opens fine.
MOKAN BUTTERFLY photo MOKANBUTTERFLY_zpse6ae351e.jpg

WESTBOURNE MAMA KIRBY'S NINE BRATS- not a favorite of mine and will definitely be on the list to leave.
WESTBOURNE MAMA KIRBY'S NINE BRATS photo WESTBOURNEMAMAKIRBYSNINEBRATS_zpsaea808d8.jpg

AVALONIA QUASAR - just started opening.
AVALONIA QUASAR photo AVONLIAQUASAR_zpsee335fe7.jpg
SCIENCE OF MIND - just starting
SCIENCE OF MIND photo SCIENCEOFMIND2_zps4deb5389.jpg

STRUTTER'S BALL - disappointed with it this year. Top heavy in buds which stops many blooms from opening fully. It needs dividing badly so is on my list to get done this year.
STRUTTERS BALL photo   <BR>STRUTTERSBALL_zpsbf02c88b.jpg

PEACHES AND GOLD - down in budcount this year.
PEACHES AND GOLD photo PEACHESANDGOLD_zpsb3cd0b17.jpg

FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN - down in budcount but what a gorgeous red it is.
FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN photo FIREONTHEMOUNTAIN_zps022567fa.jpg

CHEIF EXECUTIVE OFFICER - just starting and full of scapes and buds again this year. Needs dividing so its on the list.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER photo CHIEFEXECUTIVEOFFICER_zpsc68de1a7.jpg

WASHED WATERCOLOR - just started. Budcount down, scapes are short this year but it was already marked to leave the garden this year.
WASHED WATERCOLOR photo WASHEDWATERCOLOR_zps0e6827ce.jpg

GRASSHOPPER - tall scapes but the blooms are too small for my liking. Will leave the garden this year.
GRASSHOPPER photo GRASSHOPPER_zps5cff756a.jpg

CLAUDINE'S CHARM - just started opening.
CLAUDINE'S CHARM photo CLAUDINESCHARM_zps5e7c9638.jpg

PRAGUE SPRING - always a champ in the garden.
PRAGUE SPRING photo PRAGUESPRING1_zps298cc72e.jpg

Will stop here and do a Part 2.

Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunday Part 1

Really like your critiques, Julia, so helpful in case I would like to get some of these. I particularly like Flaming Wildfire, Stealth Bomber, Long Legged Lap Dancer(hate the name), Avalonia Quasar. Science Of Mind, and Prague Spring. Avedon

o

Great pictures!
I also really appreciate the comments. Noticed a lot of top budding too this year :s
My favorites of part 1 are Gentle on my Mind, Spiritual Corridor (really nice pic!), Strutter's Ball, Fire On The Mountain and Claudine's Charm.
Grasshopper totally reminds me of Night Beacon. Wanted to cull NB last year for the same reasons ;)) but in the end decided to keep a few fans.

o

Gentle On My Mind is a very pretty color. Maybe it will improve on bud count next year. Speaking of bud count, Chief Executive Officer looks like it is doing very well in the bud department. Fire On the Mountain is a gorgeous red in deed.

Debra

o

Stealth Bomber is stunning! Gorgeous photo, Julia. Fire on the Mountain is a luscious red. Long Legged Lap Dancer looks good, as does Betty Spagetti. what is in the photo with Prague spring? both are very pretty.
kay

o

Stealth Bomber looks really good. Has it been consistent all year? I know you have had variable blooms in the past.

The picture of Chief Executive Officer is nicely framed and naturally composed.

o

you really have some beauties blooming, lOve STEALTH BOMBER. so pretty, as well as ARCTIC BLAZE .I really like that one, too.and INHERITED WEALTH . I love that one too. love them ruffles. SCIENCE OF MIND is very pretty, too.and FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN is a beauty.Love reds and purples.

jean

o

My favorites of this group are Stealth Bomber and Fire On The Mountain. I like the color of Grasshoper, but with a 40+ inch scape, I can see why the size might disappoint. Unless it produces a bud count of 25-30.

Linda

o

Lots of nice ones and helpful comments, too!

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 13:57

Flaming Wildfire and Fire on the Mountain are my favorites of this group. Love the vibrant colors.....I also like Leslie Renee. I lost almost all of her except one tiny fan over this last winter. However I liked her so much that I had to re-order her. This season many of my new purchases have failed to bloom- rather unusual - but my new Leslie did bloom (just quit yesterday). She's a good grower for me and I like her color in person. I hadn't noticed the buds being crowded upon opening since I was just thrilled to get blooms at all this year. I will try and notice it in the future though. Appreciate all your comments.........Maryl

o

Thanks all for the comments.

I have found that Stealth Bomber when having so many buds does have a problem with opening fully. As the blooms have opened and been less than spectacular in my book, now it is doing fine. I've never had so many heavy top buding dls as this year. Others are fine but some just went into overdrive.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here