Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

Thursday bloom

jean_ar
11 years ago

Well, photobucket has messed up my pictures for today real good. first they are all turned sideways, and it wont let me turn them the right way, then they have half of them distorded and part of them missing. so will try this way

.This is my very first bloom on this one, Got it in August last year and it just now blooming,and I love it, Thnk you Rita.

Comments (16)

• JJOF
    11 years ago

Very pretty indeed!
    Jason

• maximus7116
    11 years ago

This is my favorite of the ones you posted today. Very nice, especially for an FFO!

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Jean, it looks very nice and I am glad you like it.

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

Really beautiful, Jean!

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Very pretty, Jean.
    kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I agree, very pretty.

Julia

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for looking and the very kind comments on this bloom.It dont have very many buds for it first time to bloom. only about 6 buds, or maybe it was 4 I counted, not very many anyway. but, I figire it will do much better next year.I am just happy to get to see a bloom this year.

Jean

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

How lucky to have a bloom like this so late in the season--love it. Avedon

• houstmag
    11 years ago

WOW very pretty bloom.
    Linda

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

AVEDONjean

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Oooh Jean I really like that one!

Have a question for you, What is the size of your nursery pots with which you are so obviously successful in growing and blooming daylilies?

Nancy

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nancy. The pots I use is mostly 2.5 gallons.( 2 1/2 gallon pots.)I have several thats in bigger pots, like WONDER OF IT ALL is in a 15inch pot and BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS is in a 15 inch pot, too.These two pots are some I bought at FRED"S on sale for $ 2.99 each.Thats the only 2 daylilies in bigger pots. all the rest of them is in the 2 1/2 gallon pots. I htink I have 4 or maybe 4 daylilies thats in a one gallon pot.They were real small plants, so figured I could get away with putting them in a smaller pot for awhile.

Jean

• shive
    11 years ago

First Crush is really pretty! Sorry you are having so much trouble with Photobucket. I've only had one day where they were problems, and none like you are experiencing.

Debra

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Thanks for the info, Jean.

I had at least a hundred 5-gallon pots, but gave them all away when we moved from the country. We are out of space for daylilies now, but I've got the "itch" to start more seeds and grow seedlings in pots, if I must. I'm going to order some more. It's good to know they are doing well in a 2.5 gallon pot. I won't have to buy as much potting soil for that size.

Nancy

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Right, Nancy. potting soil gos in a hurry when potting up stuff in the pots..I was using a potting soil that I really like, but they were out of it the last 2 times I went to get some,and had to buy miracle gro potting MIX. I dont like it as well, and you can not let the pots dry out with it or its very hard to get them to take water again.I had 2 to dry out a little back in early spring and had to put them in a small tub of water all day for them to soak up water

jean

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

There is a good potting soil at wal mart called EXPERT GARDENERA SND ITS REAL GOOD POTTING SOIL, it has fertilizer to feed plants for 6 months.so it says on the bag anyway.

Jean