Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Riding the Relentless Heat

mantis__oh
11 years ago

They say another 10 days of this heat. I notice it is hotter here today than in Alabama. At least we had a thunderstorm.

Today HEAVENLY ANGEL ICE was looking better:

And VICTORIAN LACE was wide open earlier and whiter than usual:

PEGGY JEFFCOAT seemed quite large, but pic was a bit yellowish in early morning light:

GUAPA

HUSH LITTLE BABY

LAVENDER RICHES (small, about 4")

PLATINUM AND GOLD

MACAO

WHITE PERFECTION

RAM

What Stamile pink is this?

GREAT WHITE

CHAMONIX

RED SUSPENDERS (some nice blooms this year, but not a lot)

PANDORA'S TREASURE (not a stellar performer in this location--or maybe climate--but the color is strong)

Comments (12)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Ah Mantis! Look at the beautiful blooms. You are right, by the way. We were expected to be around 104 today, and we had a wonderful series of thunderstorms that depressed the ridge, and we didn't break 90 today.

Yesterday at 0200, it was 104, today, 80 in Birmingham...we actually got no rain here (unfortunately), but it was cloudy most of the day.

I hope you get an unexpected break too. Heavenly angel Ice, Hush Little Baby, Ram, and red suspenders are my favorites today.
    kay

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Hope everyone survives this heat. What a strange year it has been. My favorites of your daylilies are Heavenly Angel Ice, Guapa, and Great White.
    Val

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Hope those storms are headed this way as we could use the rain.
    Don't know the pink Stamile one.
    RAM I understand is a very big bloom. Does it bloom large in your garden?

Julia

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Correction: The white labeled Platinum and Gold is actually Glacier Bay.

Julia: Yes, Ram is huge.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

They are all just gorgeous.HUSH LITTLE BABY is a favorite, and GREAT WHITE and Ram. very pretty.It was cloudy here this morning,so that helped to hold the temps down a little, only got to 94 here today.

jean

• shive
    11 years ago

I can name that Stamile pink in two seconds flat: Lyrical Presence. Do I get a prize? It was my first pink that didn't look peachy, and I was in love with it for several years.

It's great to hear that you finally had some rain. We had some sprinkles here today - not enough rain to do any good, but at least it subdued the heat so we didn't reach 100 degrees today. This evening it was only 83 degrees, and I was able to spray for thrips again. Hooray!

My favorites are the clump shots of Peggy Jeffcoat and Hush Little Baby. I wish my HLB would clump up like that. It doesn't increase where I have it planted because there's too much shade. Ram is another one that always catches my eye. It demands to be noticed and admired.

Debra

• lisa_3
    11 years ago

We got the heat but the last two storms just missed us. Kind of glad about the first one-it did a lot of damage in neighboring counties. Many of them are still out of power. I'd love rain! I like Victorian Lace and Hush Little Baby

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I considered Lyrical Presence, but that one is listed as 21" whereas this one is taller than 21". It may simply bloom taller than registered height. So many of the Stamile pinks are similar. Here is an earlier-blooming Stamile. If the one posted today is Lyrical Presence, do you know the name of this one?

• shive
    11 years ago

Mantis - I don't know the name of the one in the pot. But I will tell you that Lyrical Presence grows about 25 inches tall in my garden.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I figured out that the one in the pot is Silken Touch. I think you are right about the Lyrical Presence. Glad to get that one named. Thanks.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Lovely clump of HUSH LITTLE BABY. And RAM, I just love the color of Ram.

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Lot of beauties! The light / whites ones are all so pretty and they are my favorites today. I like Hush Little Baby(ies), Ram and Chamonix too, pretty color.
    It's always nice to find an ID!
    Another week of heat for here too.. and no rain.

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia