Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

The Shining Stars of the Late Garden

shive
10 years ago

COOL HAND LUKE had lovely lavender looking blooms this morning.

TEDDY BEAR'S PICNIC is nearing the end of its run. It's bloomed for nearly six weeks on scapes with 21 and 24 buds.

ETHEL BUCCOLA always has good looking blooms!

ANTIQUE NOUVEAU, a late bloomer

REMEMBERING ROSE - registered ML but always blooms VL here

SURFIN DUDE, a late bloomer that is bud building. You gotta love that!

RUBY LIPSTICK - the last bloom of the season unless we get some rebloom scapes later

Seedling Black Falcon Ritual X Robes for the Queen on rebloom

Seedling Into the Mystic X Symphony of Praise - rebloom scape is down to a couple of buds. I've been very pleased with the performance of this seedling this year. Now if it would only multiply quickly.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 10:08

Comments (10)

• dani_plus_2
    10 years ago

I really like your last seedling....very cool!

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Cool Hand Luke looking great, ditto Ethel Buccola and Ruby LIpstick. Your BFR x RFTQ seedling is a standout. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Cool Hand Luke and that lat seedling look really good.
    kay

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

I like both of them seedlings, but the first one a little better then the second one.COOL HAND LUKE is a beauty.

jean

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Ruby Lipstick is amazing~~ I really like that one!

Tammy

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

I think that's my favorite pic of Cool Hand Luke I've seen so far because of that clear lavender color. Surfin Dude looks nice and vibrant, and I love your seedling. It looks like you've had decent bud count on that one. How old is it?

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dani - Thanks for you comment on the last seedling. It's one of my best performers.

Avedon and Jean - The Black Falcon Ritual seedling has great color, but the flower is a bit smaller than I would like it to be with that triangular shape. I've crossed to several large purple UFs.

Chris - The color on Cool Hand Luke is definitely a blend like so many of Curt's creations. It looks lavender after cool nights here, so that might be how it would look the majority of the time in your climate. When you refer to my seedling, I'm not sure which one you mean since I have two on this thread. The Into the Mystic seedling I've posted many photos of since it had so many buds and then rebloomed. It's a three-year-old seedling with a 5.5 inch bloom. The best scape had 5-way branching and 26 buds. The Black Falcon Ritual seedling has a 5.5 inch flower with 3-4 way branching. It has 11-13 buds per scape. I don't see it as an introduction, but I'm using it as bridge plant.

Debra

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

I love the picture of Cool Hand Luke, I've always liked that one. Do I detect a bit of pinching in the throat? Ruby Lipstick is always a winner and your Black Falcon Ritual X Robes for the Queen seedling is a super color. Marg

• shive
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marric - There's loads of pinching in Cool Hand Luke's throat!

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 12:32

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Cool Hand Luke is very nice, I also like the always looking good Ethel Buccola and Ruby Lipstick. Both seedlings are pretty but I prefer the BFR one