Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Photobucket Email - Nearing bandwith max

Julia WV (6b)
10 years ago

For the first time ever, I got an email from Photobucket regarding my account getting to the max of the allowed free bandwith. So, if I post, I may end up having my pictures showing up as blanks UNLESS I purchase a Pro Account or I wait till the cycle begins again. I never heard of this before so it must be to do with the new Photobucket. hmmm, I think I will forego posting anymore pics for awhile till the new cycle begins.This is what the whole bandwith issue is about per photobucket site:

"Question: All of my linked Photobucket photos and videos have been replaced with this thing: (IMAGE)
What does it mean, and how do I get my photos back?

Don't panic, and don't delete anything! Please, let us explain.

Bandwidth is the total amount of data transferred from your Photobucket account to the sites you post photos and videos on. It's kind of like the data plan on your phone. If you have a free account, you can use up to 10GB of bandwidth per month.

Imagine you have a photo that is 1MB in size, and you post it on your blog. Whenever a friend sees your blog, 1MB of data is transferred from your Photobucket account. That counts toward your 10GB per month limit (10GB = 10,000MB, and most photos are much smaller than 1MB).

Now, imagine your blog has a lot of photos on it, and their total size is 5MB. That would mean that 2,000 blog views would max out the bandwidth on your free Photobucket account. If you're linking multiple photos in multiple places, or you post photos on a popular site, your bandwidth can add up pretty fast!

There are two ways to get your linked photos and videos to show up again:

Wait until your cycle date. Your bandwidth limit resets every month on the date you created your account. Check your page to find out when your cycle date is and how much bandwidth you've used since your last cycle date.
Go Plus. Plus accounts have unmetered bandwidth, no ads, and full-size photo storage. You'll love it! "

Julia

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA