Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbies and Oldies on Monday

Posted by maximus7116 MI (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 19:04

A mixed bag of daylilies today -- please pardon all the brown foliage in the photos.

LANA ISHEE is an outstanding orange (and a gift from a fellow GW member -- thank you!)

Lana Ishee

JOIE DE VIVRE

joie de vivre

MARK ALAN CARPENTER has wonderful fragrance and huge blooms, although we'll have to wait to see about performance here:

mark alan carpenter

CHINESE CHARIOT is usually one of the last to bloom:

Chinese Chariot

RIBBIT RIBBIT, a new one from Judy Davisson:

Ribbit Ribbit

BETTER THAN EVER is still going strong:

Better Than Ever

My apricot NOID -- any guesses? Scapes are about 30" with 3" blooms:

NOID

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbies and Oldies on Monday

No guesses but your apricote NO ID is really pretty. In fact all the blooms you posted are truely really pretty. CHINESE CHARIOT really appeals to me, a real standout and my favorite today. I also really, really like JOIE DE VIVRE. I like the soft look of the colors on it.

o

The apricot NOID clump is very pretty. Ribbit Ribbit is a lovely lavender, and I like Chinese Chariot too.

Debra

o

Really like Chinese Chariot, Joie De Vivre, and the NOID clump, very pretty. Avedon

o

As always, Chris, your photos and blooms are lovely. I like your NOID and Better Than Ever. I like the new Davisson, Ribbit Ribbit, but the Lana Ischee is my favorite...just love the brights and the oranges.
kay

o

No guesses here either. I have RIBBIT RIBBIT from Judy too.
I like the JOIE DE VIVRE. Something about it looks so soft and feminine.

Julia

o

I like Ribbit Ribbit Is that a very subtle chevron in the eye? Neat looking. Your NOID apricot is really pretty too and I like the bright colors on Lana Ishee.
Val

o

very pretty blooms today. I like them all, but my favorite one is CHINESE CHARIOT. that one really stands out.''

jean

o

I like the big yellow throat on Chinese Chariot. Surely, though, you aren't even at peak yet, are you? Joie de Vivre is nice, but for me, it is a leaner, and the weak scapes limit its value.

o

Thanks, everyone.

Chinese Chariot is a much brighter red than my camera picks up and my only complaint is that is such a low-growing plant.

For those who like Ribbit Ribbit, you should check out Judy's photo of it. It's a more vibrant lavender than mine. I think the heat has sucked much of the color out of my daylilies.

Mantis, I think I am at peak or past peak because of this crazy weather. I have whole beds that didn't bloom because of the lack of rainfall (and I don't water my daylilies, as you can see from the foliage). Joie de Vivre doesn't lean here, probably because it's also a low-grower.

o

Chris, could your apricot noid be Peach Fairy. I have? or did have one that looks a lot like yours. I think there is still some of it in my back garden. I like the big blooms so small ones are overlooked in my gardens.

o

I never buy small blooms, so I'm sure this was sent under a different name. This one is such a good performer that it gets to stay.

I haven't seen you post any pics this year. Have any you care to share?

o

Chris: What about STEALTH BOMBER? Has yours bloomed yet and your opinion on it this year?
Thanks
Julia

o

I remember Peach Fairy being a good performer too. The drought has really hurt my daylilies this year. I had some nice blooms early but now I'm getting bud drop and small blooms. A few are trying to please me, daylilies are hard to stop. We had two inches of rain on June 16th which probably saved the year for me but hot, hot since then, over a 100 some days. It's cooler this week but the weatherman says the heat is coming back. I am going to cull out a few here and there and only keep my favorites. About 150 or more. LOL

o

Lovely flowers! I like Joie de Vivre with its nice soft look, and yellow Mark Alan Carpenter, and Chinese Chariot, and Better than Ever!

o

Thanks again!

Julia, I had a few blooms from Stealth Bomber that weren't very impressive. I'll try to post a pic. I really need to move it, because it's under a tree and isn't getting enough water, I think.

o

Your NOID reminds me a little of FULL MOON MAGIC, which is a good performer here. It is registered as a 3.5" flower on a 26" scape; the bloom seems to have a narrow wire gold (or is that gilt?) edge. It is tetraploid, midseason, and evergreen.

o

Thanks for the suggestion, but I believe mine is a dormant with a smaller flower -- I'll check it out anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here