Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximus7116

Tuesday in the Garden

maximus7116
10 years ago

A very nice morning for daylilies, before the 90+ temps hit.

JULIANNA LYNN always has pristine blooms:

JOSETTE LISE, looking much improved:

SLIPPED MY DISCO, a recent Hanson addition:

ALLEGHENY SKYLINE FFO, a bonus from Hanson last year. I love the unusual coloring:

BACHELOR PARTY:

Hanson's NORTHERN KINGFISHER FFO:

And the always lovely PLEASE SAY YES:

Comments (16)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I too have enjoyed Please Say Yes and am glad you called that to our attention in past years (no splotchiness this year either). Allegheny Sunset is alluring; is it by chance a bit larger than the registered five inches? Julianna Lynn here (a new addition) is on the small side; perhaps that will change. Josette Lise is very striking.

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 19:45

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Love seeing all your watermarked daylilies. First, Julianna Lynn is a love, I wish it would grow faster. Only added one fan from last year to this, but at least I think it has a grip and maybe it will become more vigorous. Allegheny Skyline, that is a gorgeous DL, look at all the colors. Bachelor Party, another beauty, and Please Say Yes kind of puts the icing on the cake--an excellent group. Avedon

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Avedon. Julianna Lynn has increased by a fan or two since I first acquired it. I don't have many daylilies that look like her, so she's a keeper.

Mantis, I think the FFO on Allegheny Skyline is closer to 6 inches. The sepals weren't fully open, so there wasn't any recurving. I'm not sure how you measure the flower width -- from fully extended sepals, or the face of the flower as it's shown?

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

My favorite and it was hard this round is PLEASE SAY YES. Nice color and form.

Julia

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, I love every one of these.I have never seen this
    JULIANNA LYNN before and its a beauty,as well as the others, too. I couldn't pick a fasvorite out of these if I tried as they are all beautiful and I love them all.

jean

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Julianna Lynn and Please Say Yes are my favorites out of this lovely group.
    Val

• shive
    10 years ago

I think my favorites are Northern Kingfisher and Please Say Yes. Please Say Yes is so much prettier grown in your climate. My clump, thanks to you, bloomed this year. But thrips and bees loved it a little too much and I never got a good photo. Here it was very orange red and did not show much of a bitone effect. I got my Allegheny Skyline as a bonus from another seller, but have been very pleased with it. The color varies with temperature but I like it in all it's incarnations.

Debra

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jean, Val and Julia -- lots of the daylilies in this group are among my favorites.

Debra, I hope Please Say Yes learns to love your climate, too. It did take a year or two to show the bi-tone effect here, and always starts out more coral/red in the morning, then lightens into a more orange shade. It sulked last year after being divided, then came back strong this year.

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

Sp many gorgeous Hansons! And Julianna Lynn is lovely.

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, twix. We have to love our Hansons in this climate, don't we?

• jkayd_il5
    10 years ago

They are all pretty Chris, Julianna Lynn has my favorite vote today.

• houstmag
    10 years ago

Julliana Lynn is gorgeous and I love all your purples especially Northern Kingfisher.
    Linda

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Wow - so many pretties, I can't decide on a favorite today, but ALLEGHENY SKYLINE really intrigues me!

Nancy

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks jk, Linda and Nancy. Julianna Lynn is a Chris Rogers intro that I was nervous about purchasing because it's an evergreen. It doesn't perform here anywhere near its registered stats, but is so pretty it gets to stay.

Allegheny Skyline must get its interesting face from its parents. Inca Apothecary is always a unique blend of colors.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

All beauties! Love Josette Lise and Julianna Lynn the most

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

PLEASE SAY YES is my fav.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner