Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dementieva

The Rebloomers

dementieva
11 years ago

Today SKINWALKER had the biggest blooms (9 inches) that I've measured on it (although not the most handsome). These are on two separate rebloom scapes.

In the background you can see BOLD MOVE.

Nate

Comments (18)

• dementieva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is that pair of BOLD MOVE blooms. Those scapes are actually the third set this year. BOLD MOVE bloomed almost continuously on normal and rebloom from April 18 to July 5, took less than 2 weeks off, and it has enough third scape buds to bloom for a few more weeks.

Nate

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Wow - I haven't seen Skinwalker blooms that equal that one! But then, mine is only in its second season of bloom.

Speaking of rebloomers, what do you call those that just don't stop blooming? There isn't any rebloom - they just keep on blooming for months. Marked by Lydia and Beautiful Edgings are examples. Almost everything in our garden has quit, but these two are still putting out blooms.

Nancy

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Marked by Lydia doesn't even rebloom here. What a difference it makes where you live.

• nat4b
    11 years ago

Wow that's a long time blooming! Isn't it great?

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Oh I love Skinwalker! I love spiders and after my Happy Returns bloomed I fell in love with lemon yellow flowers. It's all that and a rebloomer, oh wow another to add to my order list.

Rena'

• dementieva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't know whether SKINWALKER is normally a rebloomer. It isn't registered as one. This year has been so wet that a few that aren't registered for rebloom are doing it anyway.

Here's BOLD MOVE looking much sleeker in a morning shot.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And here's BODACIOUS BITE. Technically, this is a first scape, but other fans have rebloomed. All of my BB plants got stomped on when contractors were doing siding last winter, so they've been oddly timed this year.

Nate

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

You already know that Bold Moves is going to be my pick...it's red.

I call them everbloomers, Nancy...Philistine Champion, and Brazen Bandit were that for me this year.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

BOLD MOVE looks good to me.

• dementieva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here's "Bela Lugosi 1," the pinker of my two not-quite-right BELA LUGOSI wannabes. I didn't expect rebloom, but it put up two late scapes. It opens slowly, but looks pretty good.

Nate

• dementieva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And here's WORLD PREMIERE. It doesn't open very well for me, so this is one of the better blooms I've had this season.

Nate

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I love Bold Move. I have World Premier too. It can be a problem with opening. Usually the early blooms don't open well, then they start opening nicely after several days. When it is behaving nicely, it is one of the prettiest daylilies in my garden.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Skinwalker is definitely a big bloom. I love the mix of daylily forms.

Julia

• dementieva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

SKINWALKER twins - the one on the left has 7 petal parts (how odd!).

Nate

• dementieva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

DARK REFLECTION - FFO on this rebloom scape. Like BOLD MOVE, this one bloomed for a long time, then took a couple weeks off, and it's starting again.

Nate

• dementieva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another FFO rebloom, BECAUSE OF YOU. This one is sibling to WORLD PREMIERE and it opens better.

Nate

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Hi, Nate, how much rain did you get last week--a little or a lot? A relative on the north side of Houston ended up with 6.5 inches, but that was the total for a week.
    I really like your Bold Move, that is a pretty red, and I think Because Of You would be my choice over World Premiere, but like the color of both. Avedon

• dementieva
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It rained at our house on about 10 consecutive days. It rained so much for a couple days that the yard was basically a swamp, but it has been lighter the last few days. Today was the first day that it didn't rain at all. I have no clue what the inch total was, but we haven't watered in a long time.

Nate