organic_kitten

Re-blooms, Re-treads, a Newby or Two

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Last bloom on Alabama Jubilee Re-bloom:

Red Slippers on Re-bloom:

Blooms Getting Fewer Salty Skipper:

Forsyth's Indian Summer:

Mary's Baby: Looks far too light; it's really very dark.

Handwriting on the Wall twins:

Purple Honey Creeper...playing leapfrog:

Wild Child:

Westbury's Sunset Romance:

The yard still has bloom, but we are rapidly approaching a drastic slowdown:

kay

Comments (13)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

You have such a spacious yard, and I really am surprised that you don't have more deer problems.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

wow Alabma definitely going out with a bang!!! ka pow nice and bright. :)

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

Love the color of Alabama Jubilee. Purple Honeycreeper is a favorite. Nice group of Forsyth Indian Summer. I have so enjoyed your pictures, hate to think of the flowers winding down. Avedon

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, Mantis, it's like this. I live in fairly rural Alabama, although we actually live in a small town. (one policeman, no traffic lights) Two deer have appeared up the street, one time only. We are vegetarian except for fish, but I suspect, deer would morph into venison around here pretty quickly. There are several hunters who live within a block of me. And there are quite a few dogs in the area too. Yes, there is a deer season, but I am not certain it would keep some people from taking a deer.

I just consider it exceptionally good luck, that they aren't around, and hope it continues forever. the voles have given me plenty of trouble.

Thanks, Dean, Alabama Jubilee is a bright one.

What a nice thing to say, Avedon. I have three or four more covered with scapes and many with re-blooms, but it will be a here and there thing
    kay

kay

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Oh my, just look at that gorgeous garden! How do you keep up with it all? What is that red daylily with the big red throat in the bottom right corner of the picture? I want it!

PURPLE HONEYCREEPER is fabulous!

Nancy

• shive
    10 years ago

How exciting that you're having rebloom on Red Slippers! It's such a charming red. I just love mine, but it's still grown in a pot and probably won't rebloom. It didn't last year. But I can hope and look forward to future years when I have it in the ground. Mary's Baby and Handwriting on the Wall are two that really call out to me.

Debra

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

You still have some lovely ones blooming. Salty Skipper is my favorite again, but Handwriting on the Wall and Purple Honey Creeper are also standouts.
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Alabama Jubilee is a bright one. very pretty, too. I really like Red Slippers , too. but I love reds and purples. I think
    Mary's Baby: is my favorite today.and also Purple Honey Creeper... too. love that one, too.You still have a few blooms sticking up in the yard. I think I have about 25 blooms today and they are rreally scathered.

jean

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Alabama Jubilee is a bright one. very pretty, too. I really like Red Slippers , too. but I love reds and purples. I think
    Mary's Baby: is my favorite today.and also Purple Honey Creeper... too. love that one, too.You still have a few blooms sticking up in the yard. I think I have about 25 blooms today and they are rreally scathered.

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nancy, that is Rocket Booster. It is a superb plant and is now putting up re-bloom. And that is only about half of the garden, and that is why I have so many eight hour days out there. there is as much garden behind the greenhouse as you see in front of it. I'm a ninny, what can I say? That is also why I am scaling back on the iris.
    Debra, Red Slippers put up three scapes originally. There are four re-bloom scapes, well budded, and, of course, Handwriting on the Wall is also re-blooming.
    I moved Mary's Baby this spring, so I'm lucky it is blooming at all. It is in a better place though.
    thanks Val, it has been fun seeing the blooms.
    Jean, I took the photo when I realized there was a fair amount of bloom. Thee was also a good bit in the back, but it is slowing down fast.

kay

• sann777
    10 years ago

Salty Skipper is a beautiful and I love the Forsyth's Indian Summer. Love the garden shot. Sarah

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Alabama Jubilee is sure bright, nice color! Salty Skipper and Mary's Baby are my favorites. Love garden shot!

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

Kay, the yard still look great but I know you have had a lot more color than that. But you always have a fabulous daylily season. You must be doing something right as the daylilies just seem to love your garden.

Alabama Jubilee sure is a bright and pretty one and that clump of Salty Skipper is so pretty.