Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximus7116

Handsome Hansons (and others)

maximus7116
10 years ago

Mostly Hansons blooming in the garden today, with a few newbies throwing blooms:

TAO OF PHYSICS FFO:

ANSEL ADAMS is a long-blooming, reliable performer:

GANGSTER OF LOVE:

JULIAN COHEN is having its best year here:

CATASTROPHE WAITRESS in full swing:

RUBY LIPSTICK FFO. Debra should get some royalties for all the people who bought this due to her beautiful photos.

Last bloom on REV IT UP:

TRUE TO WHIM FFO:

Chris

Comments (13)

• shive
    10 years ago

I like the title of this post. I don't know what it is, maybe just the number of blooms, but I'm finding myself really loving Catastrophe Waitress today. Ansel Adams is very appealing too. I am surely a sucker for a good clump. Your Ruby Lipstick is looking very pretty today. Imagine how rich I would be, if I could get those royalties! I'm down to my last buds of RL, and sadly no rebloom scapes in sight. True to Whim is quite captivating too. It's such a lovely color.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

How nice it is to see some different blooms. Gangster of Love is a nice one, and Ruby Lipstick is always a beauty, but Catastrophe Waitress is my favorite again.
    kay

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Debra. The hardest part about posting here is coming up with a title (which is why mine are usually Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.). I'll enlist you as an admirer of Catastrophe Waitress yet!

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Kay -- another vote for CW. If Debra should get royalties for Ruby Lipstick, I should get them for CW. And Claudine's Charm. What's your most-photographed daylily?

• houstmag
    10 years ago

What a stunning group of blooms I don't know how the rest of you could pick a favorite.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

CATASTROPHE WAITRESS is my favorite.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I like True to Whim, but wish the scapes were taller. It's hard to believe that Ruby Lipstick still is not well distributed (outside of garden web circles).

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Rita and Linda.

Mantis, I couldn't figure out what you were talking about with the size of the scapes on True to Whim so I checked the stats on Tinker's. It's listed as 26" tall, but here it's at least 36", and has always been that tall. I don't know how there can be such a discrepancy.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

.CATASTROPHE WAITRESS is my very favorite of them all.and GANGSTER OF LOVE a close second. They are all gorgeous, only one I didn't care for was the last one.

jean

• polymerous
    10 years ago

Maybe it's the weather, or the relative lack of lavenders in my garden, but my favorite is the cool and soothing 'True to Whim'.

(Re scape heights.... many daylilies here do not achieve their registered height (which I suspect is due to bad culture on my part), but I have had a few that consistently exceeded their registered height... Good thing, too; I like them tall.)

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    10 years ago

You're killing me with these pictures of CW! All the daylilies in this group look wonderful. I have Tao of Physics and really love it - it doesn't hold up to the afternoon heat in full sun well, but that's okay. I didn't get any scapes on Ansel Adams this year.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

How could I resist not seeing more Hansons ;-).
    TRUE TO WHIM I had to go and look up. I don't think I've seen you post that one before on the forum but looks to have a very good bud count.

Julia

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Jean -- Another vote for CW.

Poly, I have plenty that never reach their registered height, no matter how long they stay here. I'd much rather they exceed their height since I like the tall ones, too.

Twix, sorry Ansel Adams decided to take a year off for you. It's been very reliable here, and one of the first Hansons I ever purchased. CW is a must (in case you haven't heard that its my favorite daylily).

Julia, True to Whim has been here a while. I usually post a pic a year because it's been such a dependable daylily and does have good bud count. Some days the color is quite a bit darker than the lavender showing in the pic, but it's always nice looking.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths