Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 19:43

Today was a good start to the week.

ALLEGHENY SKYLINE was looking good in its FFO:

alleghenyskyline photo DSCN6425_zps115208e4.jpg

ON THE WATERFRONT, an older Hanson:

onthewaterfront photo DSCN6396_zps4fa365ba.jpg

Love the pattern on today's visitor:

photo DSCN6423_zpsaaf56930.jpg

Lavender noid blooming in the weed bed. Any ideas?

noid photo DSCN6422_zps45ff8c93.jpg

Munson's BORGIA POPE:

borgiapope photo DSCN6433_zps2716899e.jpg

FEAR NOT, without its usual bi-color blooms:

fearnot photo DSCN6405_zpsea27bb1b.jpg

And CAROLINE'S CHARM:

carolinescharm photo DSCN6410_zps62f27e12.jpg

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Start

Beautiful pattern and coloration on Allegheny Skyline. Fear Not is perfect as usual. On the Waterfront is a rich shade of purple.

o

Your Allegheny Skyline is gorgeous. The petal color and watermark are darker in color than mine. And your flower looks bigger! I have no idea what your NOID is, but the color is fabulous! That is one special looking little frog. I never get the frogs in my daylilies. But after the rain the other day, I went out to empty the container holding my seedling cups, and I saw something swimming around the cups. It was one of those little tree frogs. It jumped up and scared me to death. LOL

Debra

o

Fear Not is so gorgeous and I just love those mini frogs. Are they baby frogs or is this their mature size? I know you get them all the time. You must be near a stream?

o

I need to look into the Hanson daylilies....Allegheny Skyline is very pretty. I'm becoming a Hanson fan.

Linda

o

you sure got some beauties, today. llove thatfirst one,
ALLEGHENY SKYLINE its a beauty. and also ON THE WATERFRONT.love that color.CAROLINE'S CHARM: is a beauty that just went on my wish list.They are so pretty.

jean

o

Thanks, everyone. Allegheny Skyline was a bonus from Curt a few years ago and I'm very happy with it. Plus, it's blooming a little bit later than most of my daylilies.

Debra, AS must be 5-6" here and opened very well. I really want to find out the name of the noid (and I'd know it if I heard it) because I don't have many daylilies that shade of lavender. If you have one tree frog, you'll probably be seeing them in your daylilies at some point.

njmomma, I don't live near water and we get tons of tree frogs -- no idea why. I find them in my daylilies from early morning to the end of the day because they never move. These are babies, by the way.

Thanks, Jean. I think Caroline's Charm is a sib to Claudine's Charm, one of my very favorites.

Linda, you should definitely try some Hansons there. Once you get a look at the bud count and tree trunk scapes on most of his plants, you'll be sold. I'd advise ordering directly from Curt. He sends healthy stuff and great bonus plants.

o

Oh those watermarks! Fear Not is a beauty, mine has just recently started too. On the Waterfront is pretty as well as lavender noid. I hope you'll find a name.

o

All beautiful! And great photography too. I like Allegheny Skyline, On the Waterfront and Fear Not the best. I got AS late last summer and lost it over the winter (in a pot). Ugh.

Is that frog a spring peeper?

o

I vote for Allegheny Skyline also. Stats on the NOID? From the pic it looks like it has the faintest watermark.

Julia

o

Julia, it does have a faint watermark. It's 6" and 30" growing in partial shade. Any ideas?

o

Lovely blooms. Your Fear Not is bi-color, but not nearly so much as mine. I think the heat affects it. Since mine came from Karol, I know the bi-color is a normal variant of it, and I love the blooms, don't you? Allegheny Skyline is a beauty and I like the little frog. Lots of pretty blooms today.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here