Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

Fridays pictures,I had not posted.

jean_ar
11 years ago

Last Bloom on this one on the reblooms, so sad to see them quit blooming.

This one had not opened fully yet, but was trying to do it before the sun got on it.

The water drops you see is not rain.I had watered them earlier that morning.

jean

Comments (11)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Very pretty for last blooms, Jean. It's been a long bloom season, hasn't it? I especailly like China Bride and Sabine Baur
    kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks KAY, CHINA BRIDE is still going strong on reblooms.i think it still has around 10 buds left.I found a rebloom scape on PANDORA'S TREASURE this morning when I was watering potted ones.I didnt know if it would rebloom or not, since it bloomed late,and had bloomed IN december too.It was sent to me in August and bloomed in December, so it started late this spring.

jean

• nat4b
    11 years ago

HBHMB last blooms look great, and my other favorite is China Bride, it just blooms and blooms :)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I know what you mean about being sad to see them go. So many of the daylilies here are totally done and it is just too early for that to be happening. LAST REWARD is my favorite of this batch.

• houstmag
    11 years ago

China Bride is still putting out some beautiful blooms and is always my favorite.
    Linda

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

I have a story for you, Jean. I love your China Bride so much, I looked it up on AHS database. The info that came up wasn't anything like your picture, so I was puzzled, got busy doing something else, and forgot about it until I looked at this post. This time, I did it again, and everything came up just right. I finally realized that the first time, I had typed in the name China Doll! All your blooms are lovely, can hardly think about the end coming. Every time I see green on the radar in Arkansas, I hope you are getting rain. Avedon

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

AVEDON: Thank you, ChINA BRIDE has been blooming a long time and is still blooming.one of my favorites.
    LINDA: thank you. I love it too.
    RITA:Thank you for your comments..I get depressed when the daylilies are finished for the year for awhile.I still have a few still blooming, just 3 or 4 blooming, but,i found a rebloom scape on PANDORA'S TREASURE YesterdayIts only about 6 inches high, so will be awhile before it blooms, but,I was happy to see it.

NAT: Thanks for looking and commenting

Jean

• shive
    11 years ago

China Bride is so pretty, and that's great that she's reblooming so late. I wonder if we would love our daylilies, if they bloomed year-round.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Past years I got depressed when the daylilies ended. That is why I really got so heavily into the late bloomers. This year bloom season is going by so fast that even the lates will be done before you know it.

• JJOF
    11 years ago

I get sad when the blooms are all done too.
    Jason

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

DEBRAwell, I am glad I am not the only one to get depressed for awhile when the daylilies stop blooming for the year so I know I am not so different :-)

Jean

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!