Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

More to share :-)

Julia WV (6b)
10 years ago

We have been blessed with a couple of days of "dry" conditions but I'm sure it won't last.
Here are a few more that are blooming here and lots more yet to come.

CAPE ROMAIN HARBOR - tall scapes, lots of buds ands scapes, perfect openings, fast increaser.

AZTEC HEADDRESS - another good performer here. Always produces lots of scapes and buds.

NO MORE TEARS - Too much rain gave it a bit of rain spots. Tall scapes, lots of scapes and buds, medium increaser and can be picky when the temps are too cool to open quickly in the mornings.
I still love it.

COUNT IT ALL JOY - thanks to Kay's photos I bought this one last year from Karol Emmerich(along a few others). No blooms last year and this year just 2 scapes so far. It was so dark in color this morning when it opened but when I went out after lunch to take a pic, it lightened up considerably.

RED MAGIC - an old time favorite. Tall scapes, lots of buds and increases like a rabbit. LOL. Opens wide and then recurves a few hours later.

GRACE AND GRANDEUR - Medium size scapes, lots of buds and increases very good.

Some shots around the garden
Lavender I grew from seed last year. A huge mound this year.

Lilies around the garden beds. I grow them all over now.

Gaillardia - another one I grow in the back and front garden beds
{{gwi:648593}}

Garden Shots

Bee Balm - I have a light purple, dark purple and a red. And yes, I do grow it all over the gardens.

Clematis - still blooming

I'll end it here. I've taken so many photos it is hard to decide which ones to post without going into overload.

Wishing you all a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.

Julia

Comments (14)

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh, your garden is lovely. Thanks for the tour, I can almost smell those lilies. If you don't need all that rain, send it down here, we'll take it. Avedon

• newyorkrita
    10 years ago

I just love all the garden shots. Beautiful Lavender and gorgeous lilies. AZTEC HEADDRESS is today's favorite for me.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

The lavender! I love it, and can only grow it if I am very lucky in placement...and never like that. Beautiful and your garden is very lovely. The clematis are gorgeous. I grow the purple monarda and I like it. I think No More Tears is my pick, rain spotted or not.

kay

• shive
    10 years ago

Your Aztec Headdress is showing a wonderful pattern today! I really like that one because the patterned eye can have so many different looks. It's a strong performer in my garden too. My other favorite is No More Tears because of the rich color of the pink. Your lavender looks amazing , and it's just perfect with those little daisies!

Debra

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

Julia, I really like Red Magic. I might like to get a few fans of that from you this fall if you are willing, as I have a special red diploid that I'd like to cross with it. Not sure if your dormant will survive down here, but am willing to try. I will be registering mine this year.

Your garden photos are lovely. They remind me of our country place, which I sure do miss. It was just getting too much for us to keep up since we've gotten older.

Nancy

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I'm surprised how well the seed-grown lavender turned out; the stalks look very full. I like the color of the trellises too. What are the two clematis?

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

What a beautiful garden you have. Love Cape Romain Harbor and it sounds like my kind of plant. Love the color of No More Tears. Your trellises and the clematis look great too.
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow.love CAPE ROMAIN HARBO. that one is really pretty. I really like NO MORE TEARS -, too. that one is very pretty.
    COUNT IT ALL JOY is very pretty, too, and my favorite, too. Love all your garden shots, it all looks so pretty, and love that Lavender.its gorgeous, always wanted some but never did get it.your lilies are gorgeous, too.I love the lilies, and that clematis is gorgeous, too. I love clematis to. I use to have piles of it planted and running all over my fence out front until my mother came along and jerked it all out, thinking it was weeds. and I have never been able to have a bunch of it since.my DH had a major stroke and at that time was sitting on the front porch and I was inside, I heard him hollering NOjean

• TNY78
    10 years ago

You just made me go and buy Cape Roman Harbor and Aztec Headress! I liked them THAT much!!! :)

Tammy

• sann777
    10 years ago

I love the pictures of your flower beds. They are beautiful.
    It looks like you have room to plant a lot more. Wish I did!
    I like Grace and Grandeur and Count It All Joy. All are nice. Sarah

• abbydales
    10 years ago

All so pretty and your garden looks lovely. Your tall phlox is much earlier than mine here in WA. My favorite of the bunch is CAPE ROMAIN HARBOR . gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing
    Sharon

• houstmag
    10 years ago

You have a awesome garden, what a gorgeous mound of lavender I bet it smells wonderful. I also like all of your daylilies I wouldn't mind having them in my garden.
    Linda

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

My favorite of these is CAPE ROMAIN HARBOR followed by NO MORE TEARS & COUNT IT ALL JOY. Your arbor with the 2 clematis on it is beautiful. I wish I could grow clematis. Marg

• nat4b
    10 years ago

I really like your pictures! Love the views. If I had more room I'd love to grow those sun loving perennials too. Clematis are nice, and great supports for them to climb on. Would like to see a close up of both clematis.
    No More Tears daylily is my favorite. I like the morning colors of Count It All Joy.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting