Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Tuesdays Rainy Blooms

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Actually, this one wasn't taken today, I overlooked it. this is the first re-bloom on Parrot Jungle:

This is especially for Mantis. This is the first time I have managed to shoot a photo of Possession of Obsession without the color being a bit too light. This is precisely what it looks like in my garden.

And as dark as Possession Of Obsession is, Heaven's Echo is a good counter. It is pale and delicate appearing.

Roman Cohort is still blooming. A favorite of Mine:

A couple sets of twins next. Handwriting On The Wall is such a good plant:

Mask of Time is not as beautiful as HOTW, but is such a great bloomer and re-bloomer it deserves a picture:

And finish with my wrong Trimmer plant...My it's not Fashion Police:

Last night I canned pickles, this morning, I processed a lot of grapes into juice which will become jelly in the morning, so I am a bit tired. I have neighbors who frequently bring me bounty from their gardens. Several times, bags of squash, cucumbers etc just appear at my door. I feel quite lucky and quite tired. Squeezing a jelly bag isn't for sissies.
kay

Comments (10)

• shive
    10 years ago

I usually comment on Possession of Obsession when you post it, but I think this is the most gorgeous picture of it yet.
    Heaven's Echo is so delicately colored and wonderfully ruffled. But Handwriting On the Wall is my favorite. I wish Maryott would offer a bonus I want so I can go ahead and order Handwriting. I like your unknown Trimmer, whatever it is.

Debra

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Every one of these look great, but Handwriting on the Wall, Roman Cohort, and the Trimmer daylily are my favorites.
    Val

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Debra. I took that one without the flash in the overcast morning, and was delighted with the true color of it. (POO) You will be very happy with Handwriting on the Wall.It re-blooms for me every year, and the blooms are not bothered by thrips.

Thanks Val. Roman Cohort is another favorite of mine, and I am delighted that it re-bloomed for the first time for me. That Trimmer is a beauty regardless of its name.
    kay

• User
    10 years ago

Roman Cohert is very nice. However my favorite is Parrot Jungle.

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

LOL, I like the name "It is not Fashion Police". Heaven's Echo just has the tint of pink. Lovely bloom.
    Possession of Obsession is a deep rich color. Wow.
    Parrot Jungle is so intriguing wth that eye.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

I too like Handwriting on the Wall. Your NOID (which I suspect is Baja California) looks much lighter in this pic. But Roman Cohort looks much redder than my blooms this year. My plant, though, is younger. Possession of Obsession is a very rich color.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

They are all gorgeous, Kay and I really like Possession of Obsession. that's a very pretty one.HEAVEN'S ECHO is a beauty, too,and I also love PAROT JUNGLE. very pretty one..Roman Cohort is my favorite of them, with.Mask of Time close behind it. all so pretty.We got what they were calling a severe storm tonight, but didn't get no rain. got wond, a lot of thunder and lots of lightedning, but, no rain, but I can still hear a little rolling thunfer way off in the distance and they say we will get severe weather tomorrow.MAYBE so. wait and see,

jean

• avedon_gw
    10 years ago

That's a stunning picture of Possession Of Obsession, the best I have seen. Roman Cohort is my next pick, and all the others look good, too. Summer is the busy time in the garden, especially if you grow vegetables, too, I plan to post a picture of our first cantaloupe--LOL. Avedon

• deangreen
    10 years ago

your photos are all so nice. I like the dark one and light one the best. ha

• nat4b
    10 years ago

All daylilies are so pretty. Roman Cohort is my favorite, I also like the picture of Heaven's Echo, delicate color and nice recurving.